Photo provided by Jaylen Johnson
Jaylen Johnson is a running back who stands at 5-foot-9 and weighs 190 pounds. He held offers from 21 FBS programs.
We caught up with Jaylen to talk about his commitment and learn more about himself before he heads to Tampa. A native of Baxley, Georgia, he recently made his commitment to USF and its new staff.
1. What is your #1 goal from now to stepping foot on campus?
“I’d say adding on some weight and with track season coming up try to get as fast as I can before I step on campus.“
2. If you had to compare your style to an NFL/college player, who would be the closest to your style?
3. What major/degree are you hoping to purse in college?
4. Favorite football memory?
“My sophomore year getting the game-winning touchdown against Benedictine a powerhouse in 4A.”
5. What was the #1 reason you committed to USF?
“The vibe was amazing I got from the coaches and the players it just felt like home.“
6. Obviously the NFL is the ultimate goal, besides that, what do you want to do post-college career?
“Hopefully something in the engineering field with my degree.“
7. What is a fact about you that most do not know about you?
“I love animals.“
8. Who was your role model growing up?
9. What is your favorite meal?
10. What are some of your hobbies besides football?
“Hanging with friends, working out, and playing basketball.“
11. What is one thing you love about your hometown?
My hometown is straight football not too big I’m in southern Georgia so kind of rural and all we know down here is football.
Want to talk more about this topic? Consider joining the Fifth Quarter Message Board that has 500+ Active Members! Want to check out more of Fifth Quarter, check out our homepage for more content.