Photo courtesy of Alabama athletics
Thank God, it’s Friday!
We have finally made it to Friday and we are a sleep away from a full Saturday of college football! One of our favorite pieces of content is “Fun Fact Friday” where we offer interesting tidbits as it relates to the current scope of college football.
Overall, the slate for Week 8 isn’t as strong as others, but we still have some compelling storylines. Various teams are entering this week trying to end some very long losing streaks.
If you like to root for the underdog, this is probably the week for you. If you like the article, give us a comment below. Let us know which fact you liked, or give us a fact of your own.
Also, do not forget to join our message board and Discord communities!
- If Florida State beats Massachusetts on Saturday, it will be its first three-game winning streak since 2017.
- When Tennessee last beat Alabama, here are some things that didn’t exist: iPhone, Instagram, and the NBA’s Oklahoma City Thunder
- This Saturday, LSU head coach Ed Orgeron will be in a stadium with two programs that have parted ways with him
- The last time that Indiana beat Ohio State, Ronald Reagan was U.S. president (1988)
- Since 2000, Oregon is 13-3 vs. UCLA; from 1928-99, Oregon was 17-37 against the Bruins
- Miami has won three straight over NC State, including last year’s 44-41 victory in Raleigh
- Losses to Kansas this millennium: Oklahoma 0, Texas 1
- South Carolina and Texas A&M is a trophy game that few know about
- Saturday will mark the first time Pittsburgh has played an unranked Clemson team ever. The all-time series is tied at 2-2
- After going 22-3 in its previous 25 games, Florida has lost six of its last 10