Photo provided by Mason.
Mason Heightman is a defensive tackle from Lehi, Utah who currently squats 315-lbs and benches 205-lbs.
1. How has your sophomore season and what do you look forward to next season?
My sophomore season was good. It was not what I expected but it was a good experience. I look forward to our team next year because we are a young team that I believe could go all the way.
2. If you had to compare your style to a NFL/college player , who would be the closest to your style?
Well I’m no where near their talent level but maybe Aaron Donald because I’m not the biggest but I have good hand work and good feet.
3. What major/degree are you hoping to purse in college?
I want to get a degree in digital media marketing or sport entertainment and marketing.
4. Favorite football memory?
Just hanging out with my friends on defense then going in and killing offense and all laughing and joking while they do up downs then going home and hanging out with all my friends.
5. What sport are you the best at? Any upcoming plans for that sport?
I play both Football and Lacrosse and I am getting ready for this upcoming spring season along with football.
6. What is one thing coaches should know about you?
I work hard in practice and out. I don’t stop at just practice I try to get work in outside and study film so I can be a smart player.
7. Obviously going PRO is the ultimate goal, besides that, what do you want to do post-college career?
I want to be a coach for my kids when they grow up. I just want to stay around the game.
8. What is a fact about you that most do not know about you?
I have not broken a bone yet.
9. Who was your role model growing up?
Tom Brady and JJ watt. They both are amazing athletes with amazing work ethic. They both are always improving and trying to get better even though they are at the top of their game.
10. What is your favorite meal?
I really like grilled chicken with grilled vegetables and red potatoes.
11. What is one thing you love about your hometown?
I love how close everyone is and everyone in the town gathers around every Friday and watches the football team. It’s all really connected.