Photo provided by Henry Lyes
Henry Lyes is a linebacker from London, England who stands at 6-foot-2-inch and weighs 220 pounds. You can check out his profile here.
1. How has NFL Academy changed your life and what are some things that shocked you about it?
The Academy introduced me to football and in that sense has changed my life because of it, given me opportunities that will alter my future path. I was shocked about the amount of time and money they invest into us as athletes and young men.
2. If you had to compare your style to a NFL/college player , who would be the closest to your style?
I would compare myself to Luke Kuechly in terms of how much work we put in off the field in the film room and classroom, also i believe our athletic traits are similar.
3. What major/degree are you hoping to purse in college?
4. Favorite football memory?
Defeating Erasmus Hall at Tottenham Stadium.
5. How has recruiting process been for you?
Slow but surely, opportunities are coming through and I need to make a decision soon.
6. What is one thing coaches should know about you?
My work ethic through adversity, for example injuries, coaching issues, personal life, etc. I never take my vision off the end goal.
7. Obviously the NFL is the ultimate goal, besides that, what do you want to do post-college career?
Not sure yet, I like the path of military but want to do whatever will lead to a happy and finically secure life.
8. What is a fact about you that most do not know about you?
I was born with 2 Club Feet and if it wasn’t for my parents determination, I might of never walked yet nor played football.
9. Who was your role model growing up?
Myself. I always aspire to better myself to set a good example to my family.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Chicken Jalfrezi Curry.
11. What is one thing you love about your hometown?
Being around Friends and Family.
-4.6 40 yard dash
-32.5” Vertical Jump
-345lbs Bench Press Max