Photo provided by Wesley Choate
Wesley Choate is a long snapper who stands at 6-foot and weighs 215 pounds. He was named FACA First Team All Region in 2022 fall season and played at Manatee High School.
We caught up with Choate as he continues to look for a home this fall. From the Kohl’s kicking website, “He finished the charting portion of camp with the 10th highest overall charting score with an average snap time of .81 seconds and scored on 9 of his 10 long snaps. Choate has clean ball rotation and is very consistent with his accuracy. Staying fast with his hands and firing them through his target will help him continue to improve his snap times.” HUDL link
1. How was your experience at the Kohls Senior Challenge?
My experience at the kohls showcase was great. I had a great time in Dallas and there was awesome competition.
2. If you had to compare your style to a NFL/college player , who would be the closest to your style?
I would compare my style to Joe Burrow. He is very confident in his skill but stays humble.
3. What major/degree are you hoping to purse in college?
The major I’m most interested in is mechanical engineering.
4. Favorite football memory?
My favorite football memory is when my high school beat our rivals for the district championship.
5. How has recruiting process been for you?
Recruiting process has been slow but I’ve gotten some attention. Other than that it’s been good.
6. What is one thing coaches should know about you?
One thing coaches should know about me is I’m willing to work harder than anyone else no matter size, strength, or position.
7. Obviously the NFL is the ultimate goal, besides that, what do you want to do post-college career?
Post college I just want to love what I do whether it be the NFL or a job.
8. What is a fact about you that most do not know about you?
One thing most people don’t know about me is I’m not very outgoing when I’m around people I don’t know.
9. Who was your role model growing up?
My role model growing up was always my dad. He’s been through some tough times but he continues to love and do everything he can for anyone.
10. What is your favorite meal?
My favorite meal has to be a chicken sandwich with French fries.
11. What is one thing you love about your hometown?
My favorite thing about my hometown is the friends I’ve made and how supporting they are.
– 4.0+ GPA
– top 10% in my class
– finished top 6 in my class at the kohls senior showcase