Photo provided by Adrian Burt
We caught up with Avantae Burt, who is a current sophomore at GlenOak High School in Canton, Ohio.
He is looking to turn heads during his sophomore season at starting safety and slot back. Here’s what he had to say:
1. Heading into your sophomore year, what is your No. 1 goal?
(My) goal is to make it to the NFL and be successful in life.
2. If you had to compare your style to an NFL/college player, who would be the closest to your style?
3. What major/degree are you hoping to pursue in college?
4. Favorite football memory?
My first varsity game at 13 years old as a freshman.
5. Have you visited any college camps yet?
6. What stuck out to you about the recruiting process so far?
The entire process.
7. How has COVID-19 affected your recruiting?
8. Do you plan on enrolling early when it is time to attend college?
If needed, I can enroll early.
9. Obviously the NFL is the ultimate goal; besides that, what do you want to do post-college career?
I’d like to coach.
10. What is a fact about you that most do not know?
I’m athletic, dedicated, a hard worker and coachable.
11. Who was your role model growing up?
(Ezekiel Elliott) and Tyreek (Hill).
12. What is your favorite drill to do in practice?
13. What is your favorite meal?
14. What are some of your hobbies besides football?
Basketball and music.
15. What is one thing you love about your hometown?
It is the location of the (Pro Football) Hall of Fame.
16. Do your parents care where you go to school, meaning do they mind you being far from home to achieve your dream?
Nope, as long as I go big and achieve my dreams.
Other information about Avantae:
Positions: Starts at slot wide receiver, plays running back position, starting kickoff returner and punt returner and starter at safety.
Height and Weight: 6-foot-0, 165 pounds
40-Yard Dash: 4.7 seconds
Shuttle: 4.19 seconds
185-Pound Bench Press (Reps): 5
Squat (pounds): 370
Deadlift (pounds): 335