Deandre Francis Jr. used New Year’s Day to announce his new school.
On Jan. 1, Francis committed to Florida A&M football and track and field. He is 5 foot-6 and weighs 160 pounds.
We caught up with Francis to talk about his decision and much more.
1st I want to thank everyone who reach out and offer me, I really appreciate you! For the next 4 years I’ll be attending @FAMU_1887 💚🧡 🐍 @FAMU_FB @Rhsathletics1 @AlisonPosey14 @skyedawson_ @bigbendpreps @vsnTallahassee @TQB_Club @larryblustein @JerryRecruiting @CampKreporting pic.twitter.com/cDMtzEPG2j
— Deandre Francis Jr. (@DeandreFjr1) January 1, 2021
1. Do you have any offers currently and if so, when will you be signing?
Eight athletic offers; 16 academic letters. (I’m) looking to sign before the spring.
2. If you had to compare your style to a NFL/college athlete, who would be the closest to your style?
De’Anthony Thomas or Barry Sanders.
3. What major/degree are you hoping to pursue?
Architectural or marine biology.
4. Would you be willing to change positions if a coach asked you?
My dad always told me I may play wide receiver at the next level, so I’m OK with changing my position. I’ll play quarterback if they need me to.
5. Obviously the NFL is the ultimate goal; besides that, what do you want to do post-college career?
Yes, the NFL is the goal, but it’s a backup plan. I’m looking to get my degree in one of my majors, architectural or marine biology.
6. What is a fact about you that most do not know?
I’ll give my last if I have it.
7. Who was your role model growing up?
My dad; he always told me to never quit something I started, and my ma who always had an ear when I needed someone to vent to. They both inspired me in different ways.
8. What is your favorite drill to do in practice?
3-cone drills, and 1-on-1.
9. What is your favorite meal?
Favorite meal? Don’t really have a meal; it’s more like favorite things to eat — chicken wings, I can eat cereal all day and pizza.
10. What are some of your hobbies besides football?
I’m a gamer and I like to dance. I’m also good in soccer and ran track — 100-meter and 200-meter.
11. Favorite movie?
No favorite, but will watch anything dealing with Marvel and Avengers.
12. What is one thing you love about your hometown?
I’m originally from Miami, so it will be family and the weather; also Tallahassee, which is my second home, it would be my friends there.
Stats and Other Information
- 1305 yards, 12 touchdowns (65 first downs)
- Big Bend first-team offense
- 2-time MVP Offensive Player of the Week for the Tallahassee Quarterback Club
- Scholar Athlete of the Week
- Will Gay Award Offense — 3.9 GPA
- 40-Yard Dash: 4.4 seconds
- 5-10-5 Shuttle: 4.4 seconds
- Bench Press: 295 pounds
- Squat: 405 pounds
- Vertical: 30 inches
- 3-Cone Drill: 7.6 seconds
- Broad Jump: 104 inches