We caught up with Virginia quarterback Chase Harsh.
The 6-foot-1, 190-pound prospect just completed his junior season. The Fifth Quarter staff asked Harsh some questions as he prepares for his offseason.
1. What is your goal for the rest of your junior year before your senior year?
Maintain good grades, get more mobile, and put on more muscle weight.
2. If you had to compare your style to an NFL/college athlete, who would be the closest to your style?
I like to model my game after Tom Brady, but I’m trying to get more mobile.
3. What major/degree are you hoping to purse in?
I’m not sure yet, but I would like to get a degree were I could be involved in sports.
4. Would you be willing to change positions if a coach asked you?
I would rather stay as a quarterback, but if a coach asked, then I would.
5. Obviously the NFL is the ultimate goal; besides that, what do you want to do post-college career?
I would like to play pro football but I would try to get a career where I could help athletes.
6. What is a fact about you that most do not know about you?
My main sport is football, but I do like playing basketball even though I don’t play for my school.
7. Who was your role model growing up?
Other than my parents, Tom Brady.
8. What is your favorite drill to do in practice?
I like when the offense gets to go up against the defense.
9. What is your favorite meal?
Steaks or ribs.
10. What are some of your hobbies besides football?
Weightlifting or basketball.
11. Favorite movie?
The Blind Side.
12. What is one thing you love about your hometown?
I love the football atmosphere; football is taken seriously in the 757 and it gives good competition.
2020 Stats (seven games)
Passing Yards: 1,094
Passing Touchdowns: 13