A senior at Choate Rosemary Hall in Wallingford, Connecticut, offensive tackle Tristan Bounds recently committed to Michigan.
— Tristan Bounds (@bounds_tristan) June 1, 2020
At 6-foot-7.5 and 285 pounds, Bounds has been receiving a lot of Power 5 offers recently but decided to join the Wolverines.
Many expect big things from him in Ann Arbor. We caught up with Bounds to ask him some football questions and why he committed to Michigan.
Tristan Bounds (OT) 6-7.5 / 285 lbs. / Choate Rosemary Hall
1. Heading into your senior year, what is your No. 1 goal?
I want to win a championship.
2. If you had to compare your style to a NFL/college offensive tackle, who would be the closest to your style?
3. What major/degree are you hoping to pursue in college?
4. Favorite football memory?
Scoring a touchdown in eighth grade.
5. Did you ever visit Michigan before committing to the Wolverines?
Yes, I drove around campus.
6. What stuck out to you about playing at Michigan?
The tradition and environment.
7. What was the ultimate reason you chose to attend Michigan?
Tough to really say just one, but great combination of athletics and academics.
8. If you could talk to one former Michigan Wolverine, who went to the NFL, which player would it be?
Tom Brady; he is the GOAT (greatest of all-time).
9. Would you be willing to change positions if a coach asked you?
Of course. I am all for helping the team win.
10. Obviously the NFL is the ultimate goal. Besides that, what do you want to do post-college career?
Work in finance or real estate.
11. What is a fact about you that most do not know?
I have had my front two teeth knocked out.
12. Who was your role model growing up?
13. What is your favorite drill to do in practice?
14. What is your favorite meal?
Ribs or steak.
15. What are some of your hobbies besides football?
Listening to music or hanging out with my friends.
16. Favorite movie?
17. What is one thing you love about your hometown?
Just super chill vibes at my hometown.
18. Favorite place for vacation?
19. Do you parents care where you go to school, meaning do they mind you being far from home to achieve your dream?
No, because I have been at boarding school for a while.
More information about Tristan Bounds