A senior at Ocenside High School in Oceanside, California, hybrid wide receiver/tight end Kamron Beachem recently committed to Arizona State.
— Kamron Beachem (@kamron_beachem) May 31, 2020
At 6-foot-5 and 200 pounds, Beachem has been shredding opposing defenses. His team recently won the 2019 CIF San Diego Section Football Championships as a No. 9 seed.
Many expect big things from him in Tempe. We caught up with Beachem to ask him some football questions and why he committed to ASU.
Kamron Beachem (WR/TE) 6-5 / 200 lbs. / Oceanside High School
1. Heading into your senior year, what is your No. 1 goal?
I want to be repeat champs this season. Anything less would be underwhelming.
2. If you had to compare your style to a NFL/college wide receiver, who would be the closest to your style?
It has to be Darren Waller or Devin Funchess.
3. What major/degree are you hoping to pursue in college?
Right now, I’m looking into sports psychology, but I really don’t know yet.
4. Favorite football memory?
Winning CIF this past season.
5. Did you ever visit Arizona State before committing to them?
Yes and no. I have been there before, but I haven’t been there for a football visit.
6. What stuck out to you about playing at ASU?
The coaching staff. They have this aura around them; it’s contagious.
7. What was the ultimate reason to attend ASU?
Knowing that I will be in great hands and my parents don’t have to worry about me when I’m at ASU.
8. If you could talk to one former ASU Sun Devil, who went to the NFL, which player would it be?
Brandon Ayuik easily.
9. Would you be willing to change positions if a coach asked you?
Yes, I would; anything to help the team’s success.
10. Obviously the NFL is the ultimate goal. Besides that, what do you want to do post-college career?
Some type of psychologist or something that has to do with sports.
11. What is a fact about you that most do not know?
I used to play lineman when I was younger.
12. Who was your role model growing up?
A mix of Kobe (Bryant) and LeBron (James).
13. What is your favorite drill to do in practice?
Routes on air or 1-on-1s.
14. What is your favorite meal?
A No. 1 combo from Chick-fil-A.
15. What are some of your hobbies besides football?
Basketball, watching anime, or playing (Playstation)4.
16. Favorite movie?
17. What is one thing you love about your hometown?
I can work out at the beach.
18. Favorite place for vacation?
19. Do you parents care where you go to school, meaning do they mind you being far from home to achieve your dream?
No, they strongly believe that my choice is my choice and I don’t think they would want to ruin that.
More information about Kamron Beachem
Receiving yards: 551