FSU-NCSU Game Info
- Raleigh, NC
- 3:30 Eastern, ABC
- NCSU -9, O/U 53.5
- FSU: 76nd F/+ (111th Offensive S&P, 29th Defensive S&P)
- NC State: 27th F/+ (31st Offensive S&P, 49th Devensive S&P)
- Last Games:
- FSU: Do you really want to remember that butt kicking?
- NC State: Loss @Syracuse, 51-41
When FSU’s on Offense
After a week of getting really down in the dumps about this offense (and rightly so, after posting a 19% success rate against Clemson), there may be some hope for this offense yet. The word is that the Slim Reaper himself, James Blackman, will be making the start for the ‘Noles. After the way he ran the offense – albeit against the 3rd string, but still – I have hope that this offense can get going. The ‘Pack are good in their front 7, but nothing special. There are no Bradley Chubbs on this line. They are, however, suspect in their secondary. My hope, and perhaps the only one to win this game, is that JB1 will be able to use the run game the way Coach Taggart intends – misdirection, QB Options, etc. This opens up the run for Akers, but it also opens up the passing game deep. So who are the key defenders for the Pack? I’m so glad you asked:
- R-Sr LB Germaine Pratt: 59 tackles, 8 for loss. 9 Run Stuffs, 5.5 sacks.
- R-Jr S Jairus Morehead: 31.5 tackles, 1 INT.
- R-Jr DE James Smith-Williams: 7 TFL, 3.5 sacks, 7 Run Stuffs.
When FSU’s on Defense
Ryan Finley is probably the best non-Trevor-Lawrence QB in the ACC. He is not an explosive thrower, but throws routes with quickness and precision. This quickness, combined with a good O-Line, makes Finley nearly impossible to sack. He’s only been sacked 4 times, and half of those were against Clemson’s All-World D-Line. FSU should come out of the gate and not blitz. If they get up a couple scores, and Finley has to throw longer routes, then we might be able to increase pressure. Otherwise, we must be able to execute our defense and stop the run with the front 4 while dropping 7 to cover. Here’s some of their offensive key players:
- R-Sr QB Ryan Finley: 2250 Yards, 8.3 Y/Attempt, 13/6 TD/INT
- Sr RB Reggie Gallaspy, Jr.: 448 Yards on 117 carries, 9 TDs.
- Jr WR Kelvin Harmon: 794 Yards on 46 catches – 72 targets. 11 Yards/Target.
Their punter has punted about half the time Logan Tyler has, and is a little better overall. Their kicker is nothing special.
John: NCSU 28-13 – NC State has only given up 4 sacks all season, and that’s majority due to the quick release of Finley, and the lack of a running game will kill whoever plays QB.
Cory: FSU 27-24 – We take a break from blitzing like our hair is on fire, find a way to contain their QB, and get enough points to pull the upset in Raleigh. My hope is that we break their heart the way they’ve broken ours all these years. **BOLD PREDICTION** If he starts, Blackman runs for 100 yards.
Let us know in the comments – will the ‘Noles get their 5th win?
- Keep the FQ experience ad-free
- A voting ballot for our weekly top 25 FSU Twitter Poll
- Weekly Game Previews
- Weekly live chats in our discord channel and YouTube Channel