Photo provided by Oregon Athletics
(25) Florida 38 Charlotte 13
(23) Tennessee 37 UTSA 21
• If Frank Harris plays in this game I believe it could be interesting for a while. The Vols are looking to bounce back after an ugly loss to Florida and UTSA is looking to make a big statement for the AAC.
(22) UCLA 34 (11) Utah 31
• I’m going with the Bruins to get the upset win in this one. I have no idea if Cam Rising or Brant Kuithe play this week and even if they do they’ll be rusty. The Bruins True Freshman QB Dante Moore has been incredible to watch and I believe he makes things complicated for the Utes Defense.
(21) Washington State 28 (14) Oregon State 24
• The battle of the “PAC 2”. This game should be competitive and close til the end. Both teams are off to an incredible start and DJ Uiagalelei and Cam Ward have both played well at QB. Cam Ward is actually 8th in my Heisman Rankings. Oregon State has an excellent rushing attack while WSU is battle tested having beat Wisconsin. Ultimately if Oregon State wins I believe it’s because DJ Uiagalelei makes some big plays in the passing game but I trust Cam Ward more at QB.
(20) Miami 38 Temple 17
(18) Duke 35 Uconn 17
(17) UNC 30 Pitt 24
• I hate that my formula likes Pitt to cover +7.5 because Phil Jurkovec has looked atrocious but I have to trust my model. I’d love to see Christian Veilleux at QB because I’d feel more confident. Drake Maye hasn’t looked as excellent as he did in 2022 and I think the OC change on top of losing Tez Walker has impacted him. Last week Nate Mccollum stepped up with 15 catches and RB Omarion Hampton has been elite. Pitt needs to make this game ugly to hang around and Jurkovec has to drastically improve.
(16) Oklahoma 31 Cincinnati 20
• This will be the only season these two face off as Big 12 members and the Sooners have to make the trip to Cincinnati. Oklahoma is third in the Nation in PPG averaging 55.7 and 6th is Passing yards per game (358.0). The Bearcats are 8th nationally in rushing yards per game (239.3) so they’ll try to slow this game down and control the clock. Overall I trust Dillon Gabriel to get the sooners the win but I think Cincinnati covers the 14.5
(13) Alabama 31 (15) Ole Miss 23
• It’s always entertaining when Lane Kiffin goes up against Nick Saban but Lane has yet to defeat the GOAT. I love what Dart has done at QB and Quinshon Judkins is an outstanding RB. My biggest concern with the Rebels is will Prieskorn play? Will Harris play? Will Franklin play? These three pass catchers playing or not will have a massive impact on the outcome. Alabama is going back to Jalen Milroe at QB and obviously this is the best option they have, Tyler Buchner is absolutely horrific. Alabama needs to pass block better and if they can I believe they get the win and cover the 6.5 point spread.
(12) LSU 42 Arkansas 17
• Coming into the season I was looking forward to this game but Arkansas isn’t that good in my opinion. KJ Jefferson can’t do it all on his own and I’m expecting the Tigers to win and cover the 17.
(10) Oregon 56 (19) Colorado 28
• Colorado will be without star WR/CB Travis Hunter and that’s a crushing blow heading into PAC 12 play. My formula LOVES Oregon -21 and the over 71. Colorado led by QB Shedeur Sanders can score with anyone but my concern is the lack of a rushing attack, the OL & the defense without Hunter. I believe Bo Nix and the Ducks Offense can score with ease and the Defense should create a ton of pressure on Sanders. Oregon wins by 28 and covers the spread.
(9) Notre Dame 35 (6) Ohio State 31
• The Buckeyes finally got on track last week and looked dominant vs WKU but overall this season Notre Dame has been a much better team. Sam Hartman has been phenomenal throwing for 1,061 yards 13 TDs to 0 INTs and RB Audric Estime has been the best RB in 2023. The Irish have been solid on Defense as well only allowing 234 ypg the 4th best in the FBS. Ohio State has an outstanding receiving corps led by Marvin Harrison Jr and Emeka Egbuka. TreVeyon Henderson has looked solid this season and Miyan Williams is a solid RB. My biggest question on Offense for the Buckeyes is Kyle McCord, can he lead them to a ranked win on the road vs a top 10 opponent? I don’t think he can!!!!!
(8) Washington 42 California 24
(7) Penn State 31 (24) Iowa 14
• This one is simple for me, Penn State is at home, in a whiteout, and they’re the much better team. I don’t think Iowa has enough on Offense and they have key injuries. Penn State has an outstanding rushing attack and future NFL QB in Drew Allar, PSU wins and covers 14.
(5) USC 56 Arizona State 7
Clemson 27 (4) Florida State 24
• I picked FSU to win vs LSU & picked them to be in the CFP. The problem here is my formula says Clemson wins and that’s truly scary. Obviously I believe FSU is a better team, they have a better offense and more playmakers but Clemson is at home and this is a massive game for the confidence and trust for everyone in Dabo. If Dabo loses this game people will continue to question why he doesn’t use the Transfer Portal like FSU and the fans will be turning against him. Cade Klubnik needs to have a big game and play to his capabilities for the Tigers to win.
(3) Texas 31 Baylor 10
(2) Michigan 36 Rutgers 9
(1) Georgia 52 UAB 7
Best Unranked Games
Wisconsin 31 Purdue 27
Boise State 20 SDSU 10
Syracuse 31 Army 10
Texas A&M 27 Auburn 20
TCU 35 SMU 24
Kansas 37 BYU 24
Texas Tech 34 West Virginia 24
Appalachian State 24 Wyoming 20
Missouri 34 Memphis 20
Kansas State 31 UCF 17
South Carolina 27 Mississippi State 17
NC State 31 UVA 24
Air Force 30 SJSU 20
Virginia Tech 24 Marshall 21
Kentucky 31 Vanderbilt 21
NIU 28 Tulsa 23
WKU 38 Troy 34
Toledo 41 WMU 17
Georgia Southern 38 Ball State 28
WEEK 4 PICKS ATS
Sam Houston +13
Over 40 PSU/IOWA
Notre Dame +4
Under 49 NEB/LT