A senior at Foster High School in Richmond, Texas, defensive tackle Tyler Onyedim recently committed to Iowa State.
ALL PRAISE TO THE MOST HIGH!
— Tyler Onyedim❗️ (@TheRealTyler34) May 28, 2020
At 6-foot-3 and 277 pounds, Onyedim had 18 offers but decided to join the Cyclones.
Many expect big things from him in Ames. We caught up with Onyedim to ask him some football questions and why he committed to Iowa State.
Tyler Onyedim (DT) 6-3 / 277 lbs. / Foster High School
1. Heading into your senior year, what is your No. 1 goal?
My No. 1 goal is to win a state championship.
2. If you had to compare your style to a NFL/college offensive tackle, who would be the closest to your style?
I think I play like Derrick Brown, honestly.
3. What major/degree are you hoping to pursue in college?
4. Favorite football memory?
When I got my first sack on varsity as a sophomore.
5. Did you ever visit Iowa State before committing to the Cyclones?
No, I haven’t visited yet.
6. What stuck out to you about playing at Iowa State?
The coaching staff, the defense they run, and their academics.
7. What was the ultimate reason you chose to attend ISU?
Iowa State was just the perfect school for me and my parents really loved it.
8. If you could talk to one former Iowa State Cyclone, who went to the NFL, which player would it be?
9. Would you be willing to change positions if a coach asked you?
It depends, honestly.
10. Obviously the NFL is the ultimate goal. Besides that, what do you want to do post-college career?
Help my parents on their business and keep it successful.
11. Do you plan on enrolling early when it is time to attend college?
I don’t plan on enrolling early.
12. What is a fact about you that most do not know?
I use to play basketball and I was really good at it.
13. Who was your role model growing up?
14. What is your favorite drill to do in practice?
I love to work on hands and footwork.
15. What is your favorite meal?
Chicken and shrimp Alfredo with sausage.
16. What are some of your hobbies besides football?
I love to hoop.
17. Favorite movie?
Juice or Blindside.
18. What is one thing you love about your hometown?
Most of the people in my hometown are great people.
19. Favorite place for vacation?
20. Do you parents care where you go to school, meaning do they mind you being far from home to achieve your dream?
No, they just want what’s best for me.
More information about Tyler Onyedim