The time has arrived where we are down to the four best teams remaining. If you win this game, you are in! The semifinalist only have one NAIA loss between the four teams. You have Keiser from the state of Florida, Grand View from the state of Iowa, Northwestern also from the state of Iowa, and Indiana Wesleyan obviously from the state of Indiana. The conferences represented in the NAIA Semifinals are The Sun, Heart of America, GPAC, and the Mid States Football Association. The winners of these two games will meet in Durham North Carolina in a few weeks to determine who is the National Champion of NAIA Football. Before we get to that let’s talk some fun facts for our semifinal teams.
NAIA Semifinal Fun Facts
Keiser 9-3 Sun Conference Champions
- Keiser University is located in West Palm Beach Florida. Their campus is literally minutes from the Atlantic Ocean.
- The program is only five years old, as it’s inaugural season was in 2018. Outside of the inaugural season every Keiser team has won at least nine games each season. They have been in the NAIA playoffs every season since 2018.
- The program is undefeated in NAIA play even with a 9-3 record. The three losses were to a D1 FCS team and two NCAA DII teams.
- In five seasons the program has had four All Americans.
Grand View 13-0 Heart of America North Champions
- It has been 1,487 days since Grand View has lost a regular season game.
- Since Joe Woodley has been the head coach of the Vikings they have a 47-3 record, all losses coming in the playoffs.
- You might also know Grand View where Toronto Raptors Head Coach Nick Nurse got his big start.
- The Vikings won the NAIA National Championship in 2013. The only school in the playoffs with a national championship this century.
Indiana Wesleyan 11-1 MSFA Mid East Champions
- The Wildcats of Indiana Wesleyan are undefeated in NAIA Play this season as their lone loss came to D1 FCS Valparaiso. A very narrow defeat as well.
- Just like Keiser above the Indiana Wesleyan football program is only five seasons old, starting back in 2018.
- Outside of the COVID season where majority of their games were canceled the program has never had a losing record.
- The current 2022 season is the best in school history and included their first ever playoff win.
- Indiana Wesleyan has some of the best facilities in small college football.
- The Red Raiders are currently on an 11 game winning streak.
- Northwestern has won two NAIA Football National Championships in 1973 and 1983. They also have four conference championships.
- They are by far the oldest program left in the NAIA Playoffs as they started football in 1960.
- They will be the first team to attempt to win the National Championship without winning their conference championship since 2016 St Francis.