Photo provided by EJ Archield Jr.
EJ Archield Jr. is an athlete from Tampa, Florida who stands at 6-foot-3-inch and weighs 200 pounds. You can check out his profile here. He currently holds two offers; Ole Miss and Arizona.
1. I noticed you have almost the same amount of carries as last season but 20x the amount of rushing yards. As a QB has your decision making skills improved or have you learn it is ok to leave the pocket and get any yardage you can get?
I would say that I have been more smarter with my decisions regarding leaving the pocket as you can see with my rushing yards, me rushing opens so much more up within our offense so with me doing that not only benefits me but it gives my offense have another weapon and another factor defenses have to game plan for.
2. If you had to compare your style to a NFL/college player , who would be the closest to your style?
I would compare my game to Trevor Lawrence, I would prefer to stay in the pocket but I don’t mind making plays with my legs and I drive well under pressure.
3. What major/degree are you hoping to purse in college?
I would wish to go into business management to one day have my own real estate company.
4. Favorite football memory?
My favorite football memory is scoring the game winning extra point and cheering with my teammates against Tampa Catholic High School.
5. How has recruiting process been for you?
Recruiting has been pretty good so far, I just had a gameday visit to university of Tulane this past weekend (10/21)
6. What is one thing coaches should know about you?
One thing coaches should know about me is I’m a gamer, when it’s game time I do what I have to do to put my team in the best position to win.
7. Obviously the NFL is the ultimate goal, besides that, what do you want to do post-college career?
I would love to coach college football, but if that opportunity is not presented then I want to have a real estate company.
8. What is a fact about you that most do not know about you?
One fact about me is I am not very vocal, I am a quiet kid and but I am vocal when I need to be but I mainly lead by example.
9. Who was your role model growing up?
A role model for me is both my grandfathers. They play such a big role in my life.
10. What is your favorite meal?
My favorite meal is a 10 piece wing and fries with a side of fried shrimp from Salems. That place is fire.
11. What is one thing you love about your hometown?
One thing I love about my hometown is the support that they give. My city is like one big family band everyone there for everybody.
2023 STATS AS OF 10/31/203
Games Played: 8
Passing yards: 1,610
Touchdowns Thrown: 20
Rushing Yards: 385
Rushing Touchdowns: 3