Photo provided by Aaron Webb
Aaron Webb is a defensive back who stands at 6-foot 1-inch and weighs 178 pounds. He spent two seasons at Iowa Western CC and two seasons at UT Martin before transferring to MVSU on June 22nd
1. What is your favorite football memory?
When I was about 12 I got my first pick 6 interception proud moment for my little league coaches and my mom.
2. Being a college athlete is a shock to many people, what the biggest surprise so far through collegiate journey?
Biggest surprise so far through my journey would honestly be the transfer portal, it is one of those things that is deceiving. It looks great but can test a lot of patience and the odds are against you in some ways
3. Playing at two different colleges in the last 4 seasons, what can you bring to your teammates that most can’t.
I can bring is selflessness and just a kill or be killed mentality, I will die to win and am willing to die on the football field.
4. What was the main reason you transferred Mississippi Valley State?
It felt like home Coach Thompson was real from the jump as long as with Coach Wade. They are great coaches but even greater human beings.
5. What advice would you give someone who is currently or will be entering the transfer portal?
The advice I would give to anybody wanting to enter the transfer portal is to have a plan! Know what you are getting yourself into and don’t make a decision off of emotion and to be practical because you definitely can get stuck or may not get the schools you want or was expecting.
6. Obviously NFL is the ultimate goal, but what do you want to do post-college?
Other than NFL, I want to be a successful coach or broadcaster. It is due to my interest in sports and passion for football and these will fit me.
7. If you had to compare your style to a NFL/College player, who would be the closest to your style?
If I had to compare my playing style to a NFL player it would be Budda Baker.
8. What is a fact about you that most do know about you?
One fact that most people don’t know about me is that my favorite player is Jeff Thomas former east St. Louis legend.
9. Who was your role model growing up?
My role model growing up was my mom and just her being my superhero. Also another role model was my big cousin Elijah.