Photo provided by Wazzu Athletics
QB Jayden Daniels – LSU
WR Malik Nabers – LSU
QB Darren Grainger – Georgia State
RB Devin Neal – Kansas
WR Luther Burden III – Missouri
QB Mikey Keene – Fresno State
WR Xavier Legette – South Carolina
WR Rome Odunze – Washington
RB Omarion Hampton – UNC
RB Audric Estime – Notre Dame
RB Blake Corum – Michigan
12. QB Kaidon Salter – Liberty
• The Flames are undefeated in 2023 and Kaidon Salter has taken another step in his game this season. I’m going to see him play live next Thursday vs Sam Houston State so I’m excited for that. This season he’s thrown for 919 yards 11 TDs (1 INT) and rushed for 268 rushing yards 5 TDs.
11. QB Shedeur Sanders – Colorado
• Last week vs Oregon vs horrible for the Buffaloes and Sanders. Shedeur is putting up big numbers this season while playing behind one of the worst Offensive Lines in College Football. Last weeks disappointment isn’t enough to drop him from my Top 12 because he carried this team the first three weeks. I don’t expect Shedeur to have a legit chance to win the Heisman this season but he’s still earned a spot in my Top 12 for now because he’s still thrown for 1,410 yards 11 TDs (1 INT) while completing 76.9% of his passes.
10. QB Sam Hartman – Notre Dame
• Hartman dropped in my rankings this week. It’s not because he played horrible or turned the ball over it’s because the Irish offense had so many opportunities to take control vs Ohio State and Hartman just couldn’t get it done. I expected the veteran to do enough for the Irish to win and have a Heisman moment and he didn’t.
9. RB Jawhar Jordan – Louisville
• At this point in the season it’s been a lot of excellent RB play but Jaws has been the best of them all. He’s rushed for 478 yards 6 TDs while averaging an OUTSTANDING 9.6 yards per carry. He’s almost rushing for a first down everytime he touches the ball. Jordan also adds value in the passing attack catching 6 passes for 133 yards 1 TD. Louisville is currently 4-0.
8. QB Tyler Van Dyke – Miami
• TVD is off to a great start in 2023. He’s thrown for 1,042 yards 11 TDs (1 INT) while completing 74.7% of his passes. He’s also added 43 rushing yards 1 TD on the ground.
7. QB Dillon Gabriel – Oklahoma
• Gabriel is sneakily flying under the radar in the Heisman conversation for most people but the sooners are undefeated and he’s having an excellent season. This season he’s thrown for 1,227 yards 12 TDs (1 INT) while completing 78% of his passes. He’s also provided 58 rushing yards 2 TDs. Gabriel has some big games coming up so we will see how he does vs Texas, UCF & Kansas.
6. QB Quinn Ewers – Texas
• Ewers is having a solid season and he led the Longhorns to a win over Alabama. This season he’s thrown for 1,033 yards 9 TDs (0 INTs) while completing 64.3% of his passes. He’s also added 34 rushing yards 3 TDs on the ground.
5. QB Bo Nix – Oregon
• Bo Nix showed how impressive he could be last week vs Colorado and his stats this season are impressive. He’s thrown for 1,169 yards 11 TDs (1 INT) while completing 79.4% of his passes. He’s also rushed for 69 yards 1 TD.
4. QB Jordan Travis – Florida State
• Travis has led his team to the most impressive wins in CFB this season. He led the Noles to a big win vs LSU & Clemson on the road last week. This season he’s thrown for 1,028 yards 10 TDs (1 INT) while completing 61.2% of his passes. He’s also rushed for 94 yards 2 TDs.
3. QB Cam Ward – Washington State
• Cam Ward has been TORCHING Defenses this season. He’s thrown for 1,389 yards 13 TDs (0 INTS) while completing 74.5% of his passes. Ward has also added 109 rushing yards 3 TDs on the ground. The cougars have solid wins vs Wisconsin and Oregon State.
2. QB Caleb Williams – USC
• Williams the reigning Heisman Winner hasn’t slowed down from last season. He’s thrown for 1,200 yards 15 TDs (0 INTs) while completing 74.3% of his passes. He’s also rushed for 71 yards 3 TDs.
1. QB Michael Penix Jr – Washington
• Penix Jr has been OUTSTANDING this season and the Huskies are bludgeoning every team they play. Penix Jr has thrown for 1,636 yards 16 TDs (2 INTs) while completing 74.6% of his passes.