Wrestling People

@Basement Bias drill basic techniques, its everything at any age. Everything else builds off basic technique and good position. Show them how to tie up and stay in good position, hand fighting, control the head, sprawls, Singles, doubles, chop the arm, forward pressure on top, stay on your toes, half nelson's and cradles to start then move to a bar series eventually. Drill drill drill drill and drill. Repetition done right builds technique. Just try to make sure they have some fun and get to wrestle hard every every practice.

Drills drills drills and sparing 1 minute periods for 10 goes or so. Work on simple takedowns, double leg, single leg, leg sweep, suplex for your big boys.

Simple pins, cradles, grape vines etc.

Prolly just have them watch this:

51j0Wx3km6L.jpg

Or this:

il_794xN.3166664470_bsa4.jpg

@cogarboy have you seen this thread? Your expertise could help him.
I was just about to reply "What he said" to your original post. I am far from being an expert of any kind, but have been fortunate to being around alot of coaches who were, like you said, drill, wrestle, wrestle, drill. If you want to be a good runner its important to run, If you want to be a good wrestler its important to wrestle. One thing I didnt see mentioned is the importance of getting off bottom, that is something that i see so many wrestlers struggle with, so definitly split time with sitouts/standups

I was just about to reply "What he said" to your original post. I am far from being an expert of any kind, but have been fortunate to being around alot of coaches who were, like you said, drill, wrestle, wrestle, drill. If you want to be a good runner its important to run, If you want to be a good wrestler its important to wrestle. One thing I didnt see mentioned is the importance of getting off bottom, that is something that i see so many wrestlers struggle with, so definitly split time with sitouts/standups
Yeah I left getting out on bottom out, and not on purpose. You are absolutely correct getting out is just as important as a take down. If you can't get out, you can't score, period. My own wrestling history is very relevant to that. My freshman year I was bad on bottom, and paid a price for it.

Yeah I left getting out on bottom out, and not on purpose. You are absolutely correct getting out is just as important as a take down. If you can't get out, you can't score, period. My own wrestling history is very relevant to that. My freshman year I was bad on bottom, and paid a price for it.
You can either be the hammer or the nail, and youre nothin but a nail when your on bottom