Top 10

Think I would go with

1. Clemson
2. Bama

3. I would actually go either Miami or TAMU here I know that sounds odd, but I think the 2 of them are finding something and really improving week by week
4. The other of those two
5. Georgia
6. Again a split, I would put either ND or UNC here, I guess one is as bad as the other.
7. The opposite
8. And I just can't think of where to go after this

Think I would go with

1. Clemson
2. Bama

3. I would actually go either Miami or TAMU here I know that sounds odd, but I think the 2 of them are finding something and really improving week by week
4. The other of those two
5. Georgia
6. Again a split, I would put either ND or UNC here, I guess one is as bad as the other.
7. The opposite
8. And I just can't think of where to go after this
With the PAC and Big being non participants at this point it really makes it difficult to find more than 5 or so teams who warrant serious consideration. Just my opinion.

It is. And I still don't know that they are going to be able to do enough. I mean 8 games for the B1G and no BYE. Just one little outbreak and that's it. You could potentially elminate multiple teams due to postponments etc.

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Ohio State
4. Georgia
5. Notre Dame
6. Penn State
7. Wisconsin
8. Oregon
9. Texas A&M
10. Florida
Thank you, nice to see a list that at least looks normal.. now just a couple of comments:
Clemson should stay at 1 because they look like the most complete team right now..
Bama's offense (to this point) looks champin level, if we had just an avg Saban defense which means a very good defense, I would agree to Bama being number 1 (to this point)
I cant wait to see OSU play, they are supposed to be loaded and you know they'll be well coached,, Never seen such a seamless transition of head coaches like from Meyer to Day,, OSU has a great system in place.
Is Oregon the cream of the crop in the pac,, I dont know, dont get much news from out that way,, what about Washington, USC, ???

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Ohio State
4. Georgia
5. Notre Dame
6. Penn State
7. Wisconsin
8. Oregon
9. Texas A&M
10. Florida

I'm still super apprehensive to ranking teams we haven't seen play, when we have seen so many others that have. On paper Ohio State should be a monster. But it is hard to get a team that has been in practice mode up to game speed when they have missed a 1/4 of the season. I get there aren't any OOC games. But still don't expect it to be the same.

Thank you, nice to see a list that at least looks normal.. now just a couple of comments:
Clemson should stay at 1 because they look like the most complete team right now..
Bama's offense (to this point) looks champin level, if we had just an avg Saban defense which means a very good defense, I would agree to Bama being number 1 (to this point)
I cant wait to see OSU play, they are supposed to be loaded and you know they'll be well coached,, Never seen such a seamless transition of head coaches like from Meyer to Day,, OSU has a great system in place.
Is Oregon the cream of the crop in the pac,, I dont know, dont get much news from out that way,, what about Washington, USC, ???

I don't really argue Clemson vs. Alabama with anyone. You can make an argument for either right now. My only issue is it's easier to look like a complete team when you're playing easier opponents. I put Alabama #1 after they played Georgia because I don't think Clemson has played anyone close to that level. As you stated, Bama's defense has been suspect this season but their offense is better than I've ever seen it. Great QB play, so many weapons on the outside, great RB.

As for the PAC 12, I think Oregon is definitely trending up right now but I don't think there's a huge gap between them and USC or UW for 2020. There's still a lot of talent on both rosters. USC hired some new defensive coaches, including Todd Orlando as DC. They haven't tackled well in years and that needs to change if they want to play at an elite level. USC has loads of talent but not enough on the lines IMO. Most of their high profile recruits are WRs, QBs, DBs, etc.

Washington still has good talent that's been leftover from CP. They were a lot better than their 8-5 record showed last year. They found new ways to blow games constantly last year. They have a new coach and the concern is around the offense. They had a lackluster OC hire and they are replacing a ton of guys on that side of the ball. Their recruiting has also taken a small dip. I think 2020 and 2021 are very important years for the trajectory of the UW program. They could keep themselves in the top 15 conversation or they could fall back to the Sark years very easily.

I'm still super apprehensive to ranking teams we haven't seen play, when we have seen so many others that have. On paper Ohio State should be a monster. But it is hard to get a team that has been in practice mode up to game speed when they have missed a 1/4 of the season. I get there aren't any OOC games. But still don't expect it to be the same.

It definitely makes it more difficult than usual. That said, I don't see much use in putting teams like Cincy or BYU in the top 10 when we all know they would be run off the field by Ohio State. In my view, give it your best guess and be willing to change drastically after they start playing.