Thought I'd get opinions

Had a slant 6 in a dodge van. Carpeted and paneled and what stories it could tell.

Knew people who had a 283 chevy. Couldn't blow it up if they tried.

I have had a couple of 318s and they are tough. I had an old Monaco(77 or 78 IIRC) and the tranny locked into low gear about five miles from the house. At this time in my life, I happened to be drug free ... so naturally I had a mental health crisis. I drove that bastard well over 60MPH in low gear just trying to blow the engine up. I put another tranny in that bastard and the engine never used oil or showed any worse for the wear.

GM hosed everybody on that engine though.

They took the straight six from the Trailblazer and decided to lop off a cylinder for the Colorado/Canyon.
The crazy part is after I bought the truck, I read that JD Power rated it as one of the worst 10 trucks. But fuck them, that little fucker has done me right and I'm gonna drive it till it dies.

I know you said excluding diesels but.....
View attachment 4751
This Detroit 16V149TI is the best 2 stroke ever made. I have built several of these but it was many years ago. The biggest I see now are the CAT C-15’s and the Detroit 8V71TT’s.

I didn’t see your post before I posted.

Also didn’t see that diesels were excluded.

Bottom line, I should read before posting.

The crazy part is after I bought the truck, I read that JD Power rated it as one of the worst 10 trucks. But fuck them, that little fucker has done me right and I'm gonna drive it till it dies.
Dodge ran commercials for years bragging that JD Power rated their trucks as the most reliable while going through transmissions like I do toilet paper.