The next edition of THE GAME OF THE CENTURY--(#2)Bama versus (#3)Georgia

Bama head coach Nick Saban announced that he had tested positive for COVID-19, causing him to go into immediate self-quarantine at his home. The plan, for now, is to have Crimson Tide offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian take over head coaching duties.

So, if Georgia wins the game without Nick Saban prowling the sidelines, is there an asterisk on the win? Do Alabama fans have the right to say, “Yeah, but…”?

Absolutely not.

In the 1970 movie Patton, U.S. General George S, Patton receives word from Army G-2 that his arch-nemesis — German general Erwin Rommel — was not present at a North African battle won by the Americans.

Patton’s reaction to hearing the German’s didn’t want their favorite General to lose face?

He’s then reassured by his aide:
Applying the transitive property?

I mean I could go with.....

"It's been 22 months since a running back scored a rushing TD against UGA. That was 17 games ago. Think about that for a minute."

But that RB was Josh Jacobs in the 2nd Qtr in the 2018 SECCG.
No matter how it turns out, or who wins, it will have the biggest asterisk in history attached to it. Much like the entire season...

That’s one!!!!

Seriously, though. I am really concerned. Those kids love Saban and I think they are gonna come out and play the game of their lives for him. Vegas has dropped the spread down to like -3.5 for Bama, but I just don't see it that way. I mean, I get it. Him not being on the sideline chewing individual asses every play....they are gonna miss that. It's how he pushes them to excellence. It's the Saban way and it works better than any HC in CFB history. Those kids, when they make a mistake on a play, they are gonna be giving themselves the Saban ass chewing on the way to the sideline. I do expect a helluva game. But IMO, Bama's odds got better, not worse.

Seriously, though. I am really concerned. Those kids love Saban and I think they are gonna come out and play the game of their lives for him. Vegas has dropped the spread down to like -3.5 for Bama, but I just don't see it that way. I mean, I get it. Him not being on the sideline chewing individual asses every play....they are gonna miss that. It's how he pushes them to excellence. It's the Saban way and it works better than any HC in CFB history. Those kids, when they make a mistake on a play, they are gonna be giving themselves the Saban ass chewing on the way to the sideline. I do expect a helluva game. But IMO, Bama's odds got better, not worse.
I wish I could be confident about this game, but I just can’t. Here’s to a clean game, with no injuries, and to the victors go the spoils!🍻

I wish I could be confident about this game, but I just can’t. Here’s to a clean game, with no injuries, and to the victors go the spoils!🍻

I just hope we don't get the kind of SEC officiating that we saw in the Auburn/Arky game. The Zebras need to stay out of the damn way and let 'em play. If we notice the referees, they're doing it wrong.

If if if. And IF a frog had wings. blah blah. I still see whiners complaining about that little diva qb for the longhorns and BAMA for the crystal all those years ago.

070_wewantbama.jpeg

So. Is he or isn't he? I betcha it's a barner plot to disrupt everything. They cheat along with having intimate relations with farm animals.

Rumor going around right now is that the outside source that provided the "positive" result was located in Georgia, therefore it was obviously a UGA fan trying to disrupt things in favor of the Dawgs. I bullshit you not. I've seen this in 2 different places today, one of which was a caller on the Finebaum show.