The next edition of THE GAME OF THE CENTURY--(#2)Bama versus (#3)Georgia

OldDevilDawg

'21 Co-PotY
Bama versus Georgia

All CFB eyes will be on Tuscaloosa, Alabama at 8pm Saturday night under the lights.

Storyline:

Bama has no defense
Georgia has no offense

Bama has one of the best offenses in the nation
Georgia has one of the best defenses in the nation

It's strength versus strength and weakness versus weakness.

Special teams looks to be involved in the outcome. Will this be the 3rd time in a row this game comes down to OT?

We playing chess folks, not checkers.

GO DAMN DAWGS!!!

Praying for no injuries, but hoping for an old fashioned slobber knocker.

Let the armchair QB arguments begin.

Before the Ole Miss Game, I was pretty confident Bama would win a close one against the Dawgs.
After the Ole Miss Game:

Bama O vs Dawg D= pick em. Or Bama 17.
Bama D vs Dawg O= can't stop a scarecrow at 1 foot. Or Dawgs 31.

Finale score prediction: Dawgs 31 Bama 17

Before the Ole Miss Game, I was pretty confident Bama would win a close one against the Dawgs.
After the Ole Miss Game:

Bama O vs Dawg D= pick em. Or Bama 17.
Bama D vs Dawg O= can't stop a scarecrow at 1 foot. Or Dawgs 31.

Finale score prediction: Dawgs 31 Bama 17

Over/Under is at 55.5 right now. Spread is at Bama (-6. Most updated I could find). That means a score of 29-26 or 31-24 range, Bama.

Iagree, iffin the Dawgs had a bad D. That is not the case.

No offense to Bama's D, but we all know it ain't what it used to be. What I've seen of Bama this year looks very much like the Oklahoma team UGA played in the Rose Bowl a few years back. What if it ends up being that kind of shootout? Which, BTW, also ended up in an OT game.

Now that I've calmed down from that travesty, I'll say this.

BAMA's d did well against mizzou and a&m and look at the damage they've caused. BUT, if this was a show of a step back, well Saban better light a fire under some azzez.

Now that I've calmed down from that travesty, I'll say this.

BAMA's d did well against mizzou and a&m and look at the damage they've caused. BUT, if this was a show of a step back, well Saban better light a fire under some azzez.

It wasn't necessarily a step back, though. Kiffin, as the OC for Bama, faced Saban's defensive mind, every day for a good while. He learned. Say what you want about Kiffin, but he's pretty damned good at putting together an offensive game plan. Always has been. One of the reasons I was so confident that UGA would beat Tennessee was that Kirby had Chaney as his OC for every practice for years. He knew what Chaney was gonna do. The one wild card in the conversation is Dan Lanning. As a grad assistant at Bama in 2015, he spent a lot of time in the defensive game planning with Kirby and Saban. Both coaches are on record saying Lanning has an amazing defensive mind. As I've stated, We're playing chess, not checkers. Are we gonna see the real Bama defense show up after UGA has to go this week without real game film to watch? Are we gonna see the real Monken UGA offense show up that Bama doesn't have game film to prepare for?

None of us will know the real story until 8pm Saturday night.

Either way it ends up....it's worthy of national CFB attention, and it's gonna be fun.

It might end up being the best game of this crazy season.

Last edited: