The new and improved Good Morning thread!

Damn, that kind of shit leads to drinking beer and smoking. Oh wait, never mind

If I didn't drink a shitload of beer and smoke like coal driven train, I'd probably kill everyone I came into contact with until some lucky wannabe sniper got in the lucky shot that put a bullet in my brain.

You're welcome planet earth.

So when I got off work this morning at 7am, it made 14 in a row of 12 hours shifts. 19 of the last 20.

#fatstacks!
I worked a plant startup and my first year saw far more checks for over 80 hours/week than I had for under 60. Most of the time was spent waiting. 16 hour shifts of waiting. We swept an mopped so much that the concrete floor had to be refinished. After that employer, anyone else was lucky to squeeze 40 out of me. Props to you!

I worked a plant startup and my first year saw far more checks for over 80 hours/week than I had for under 60. Most of the time was spent waiting. 16 hour shifts of waiting. We swept an mopped so much that the concrete floor had to be refinished. After that employer, anyone else was lucky to squeeze 40 out of me. Props to you!
Over the last 25 years, I've probably averaged 70 hours a week. I don't know no better. Down here where I live, the only way to make a decent living is to work a shitload of OT.

Over the last 25 years, I've probably averaged 70 hours a week. I don't know no better. Down here where I live, the only way to make a decent living is to work a shitload of OT.

And the government takes more the more you work. Once you get over 80hrs you're pretty much back at your standard pay.

When I was younger and dumber, I worked 2 week straight over 100hrs, and most from then on at 75+.

When I saw how they taxed me I said never again.

Woke up around midnight with thunderstorms, then the tornado warnings started going off. Thankfully nothing close to us, but there is confirmed damage in the NE Birmingham/Fultondale area. Next round of storms came through around 2am. Ended up with about 2 hours of sleep. It’s gonna be a long day. On top of that I have a cardiologist appointment this afternoon. I’m sure lack of sleep and massive amounts of coffee aren’t going to help my diagnosis 😂!

Woke up around midnight with thunderstorms, then the tornado warnings started going off. Thankfully nothing close to us, but there is confirmed damage in the NE Birmingham/Fultondale area. Next round of storms came through around 2am. Ended up with about 2 hours of sleep. It’s gonna be a long day. On top of that I have a cardiologist appointment this afternoon. I’m sure lack of sleep and massive amounts of coffee aren’t going to help my diagnosis 😂!
I am glad you are safe and hope everyone else is as well. Good morning all.

Yeah those storms woke me up too, took a terrible shit around 2am... good luck at cardiologist

Update. You gonna be around to torment us for awhile? LOL!!!

Update. You gonna be around to torment us for awhile? LOL!!!
Ended up having to reschedule. Doc had a family emergency and is out of town for a month. Waiting on primary doc to refer to another cardiologist. I did get my labs and ultrasound results though, and they’re not too bad, so that’s encouraging. Thanks for asking!