The new and improved Good Morning thread!

The ones that really hurt were when you didn't realize it until you set down ... was like pressing a hot iron on the back of your knees.
Good times! My grandma and grandpa had a huge wood burning stove in the dining room, a little gas stove in their bathroom and no heat in the rest of the house. In the winter, the common area was like the surface of the sun and the bedrooms were like the Arctic. Just bringing back memories..

We had a wood heater when I was young and it was funny to watch everyone back up to it while talking. Even in the Alabama summers, folks would gather around it. BTW, does anyone else remember burning the shit out of the back of your knees after staying too long at the heater?
We had a big wood stove when I was young. Sat in the kitchen in the old ancient farm house that had very little insulation, you could feel the draft through the walls, we lived there till I was about 10. It was the only heat source for the house and the only way heat went upstairs at all was if you left the door to the staircase open, a glass of water would have ice on it in the morning in my room when it got real cold.

Ever squirted a mixture of tapmatic and cutting oil on one from 20 feet away :geek:

Not that mixture but I will say that to this day I have an aversion to turpentine and belts that started on one particular day.

Good times! My grandma and grandpa had a huge wood burning stove in the dining room, a little gas stove in their bathroom and no heat in the rest of the house. In the winter, the common area was like the surface of the sun and the bedrooms were like the Arctic. Just bringing back memories..
We had a wood heater in the living room and a box fan blowing the heat into the kitchen and those were the only rooms heated. To this very day I claim to have recorded an absolute zero temperature coming from that cold assed Right Guard can.

We had a big wood stove when I was young. Sat in the kitchen in the old ancient farm house that had very little insulation, you could feel the draft through the walls, we lived there till I was about 10. It was the only heat source for the house and the only way heat went upstairs at all was if you left the door to the staircase open, a glass of water would have ice on it in the morning in my room when it got real cold.

Dad bought our old homeplace when I was six ... three bedroom house and six acres for $6000. It had indoor plumbing and bathroom but no commode. He(the seller) believed it was nasty to shit/piss under the same roof you had meals. There was an old rough cut lumber outhouse about 50 yards from the house. It was raintight, but not airtight. That really helped in the summer and we only had about 2 or three real cold snaps where it was rough during the winter.

Same! I remember waking up one morning and the glass of water on my night stand had frozen!😂!!! Good times indeed!!!!

Obviously I’m the wimp of the crew. I just yelled upstairs to my boy to turn the a/c off because he had it blasting all night and I’m cold now. I guess I don’t really know what cold is.
Everyone knows it gets below zero in Iowa pretty much every year, and that's cold, but a couple winters ago when it felt like 50 below for a few days was a whole new meaning of cold for me. That's what it's like in the artic. That's just ridiculous cold. I spent several hours a day in that shit feeding cows extra just to make sure they would survive it. I dont know how I escaped without serious frost bite honestly.