Texas and Oklahoma reach out to the SEC

batchaps4me

2022 Poster of The Year!
I was just thinking today that there may be a "super conference" created looking at the NIL deal. NCAA is losing power through this. G-League and then everyone else.

It would be interesting to see what happens with the rest of the Big 12 teams.

Will the ACC or Big Ten pursue WV?
Does the Big Ten pursue any of the Great Plains teams like Kansas, ISU, or K-State?
Does the PAC 12 attempt to expand the conference footprint east into Texas?

Watching the dominoes fall will be interesting if this happens

Texas and Oklahoma feel like they need the SEC brand to compete on the recruiting trail. Ohio State doesn't need that and the Big Ten makes plenty of money.
They could get locked out of a spot at a Natty, the ways things seem to be headed.

I don't see that happening, especially with the playoff being expanded.
I do agree with that IF that happens. You are presuming that tOSU is still going to be a destination spot for the best talent if this were to happen.

I do agree with that IF that happens. You are presuming that tOSU is still going to be a destination spot for the best talent if this were to happen.

Yes, I am presuming that Ohio State will continue to dominate on the recruiting trail. I don't see any reason why that would end.

Yes, I am presuming that Ohio State will continue to dominate on the recruiting trail. I don't see any reason why that would end.
Did you also predict the NIL two years ago and that Texas and Okle are reaching out to the SEC now? Im just saying its gonna be wild as hell.

Did you also predict the NIL two years ago and that Texas and Okle are reaching out to the SEC now? Im just saying its gonna be wild as hell.

I wouldn't have called either of those scenarios crazy. The idea of players being compensated has been around for a while and the Big 12 always seemed like it was going to fall apart at some point.

But Ohio State falling off the map in the college football world? I'm not saying it's impossible but there's zero reason to think that's going to happen.

I wouldn't have called either of those scenarios crazy. The idea of players being compensated has been around for a while and the Big 12 always seemed like it was going to fall apart at some point.

But Ohio State falling off the map in the college football world? I'm not saying it's impossible but there's zero reason to think that's going to happen.
I know its a freak-out if if the Big10 loses tOSU, but I think its a bigger freakout that Okie and Texas both are considering leaving the Big12 right now. Im sure that they are not the only ones hedging their bets.

I know its a freak-out if if the Big10 loses tOSU, but I think its a bigger freakout that Okie and Texas both are considering leaving the Big12 right now. Im sure that they are not the only ones hedging their bets.

I think people saw the Big 12 falling apart at some point after NU, Missouri, Aggy and CU left. I just don't see why that would happen in the Big Ten.

I think people saw the Big 12 falling apart at some point after NU, Missouri, Aggy and CU left. I just don't see why that would happen in the Big Ten.
I appreciate your input, but Im surprised, you cant see that scenario possibly unfolding. Im not saying tOSU would fall apart in the least. Im just saying they are definitely at least talking about other options.

Last edited: