Sorry Bama fans. Welcome to Athens Scott Cochran!

OldDevilDawg

'21 Co-PotY

Scott Cochran, who had been Alabama's head strength and conditioning coach under Nick Saban since Saban arrived in Tuscaloosa in 2007, is leaving to take a job at Georgia coaching special teams.
Saban confirmed the move Monday.

THIS IS HUGE!

Welp... that sucks! The man is a master of his craft. Might be the best S&C coach in the country.

The big question is can his ability to motivate in the weight room carry over to special teams. I think it can, but time will tell. He was one of only 2 members of Saban's staff that has been in Tuscaloosa from the beginning. For good reason. As you said, he is possibly the best in the country at S&C. While Saban officially wished him the best, it's got to hurt. Sept 19th just got a bit more interesting.

If your players start getting a bunch of lower body injuries...

UGA played Paul Johnson's cut blocking for years and plays on that shit pasture in Knoxville every other year, same as Bama. Lower body injuries have been a long standing problem. Now that GT is moving away from the triple option, that might get better. Maybe someday, Tennessee will decide to fix that shit they call a field.

In all seriousness, this might be the biggest off season news in all of CFB that most of the country doesn't understand. Kirby tried to get him to Athens when he took the job as HC, but it wasn't meant to be.
giphy.gif

So apparently, the Bama fan base as a whole has insured College Football nation that this is a non issue. Probably just Saban getting rid of dead weight.

Sorry I posted it. It won't happen again.
Anyone who knows what the hell they are talking about knows this is a big deal. You can only plug and play so much. Continuity on the coaching staff is important, and the constant poaching of coaches has taken its toll. Nobody on the staff has more contact with the players than the S&C coach. Not the position coaches, not the head coach, but the S&C coach due to NCAA rules. Scotty is the best of the best at his job, and was the one constant for the players. This one hurts.

So apparently, the Bama fan base as a whole has insured College Football nation that this is a non issue. Probably just Saban getting rid of dead weight.

Sorry I posted it. It won't happen again.
I hope that is not the case,, I know we probably have more dumbass fans than anybody else, but like @RTR...USN (ret) said,, he was the heart and soul of our program.