Votes: 12 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • LTS is a pussboy, LOL

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Long Time Sooner

Switzer's Swiss Guard
Long story, but I dislocated my right shoulder a few weeks ago. I have broken legs before, ankles, and fingers, but this by far is the most miserable I felt. I broke some stuff in there too, but nothing crazy. The ER gave me a sling but told me not to wear it too much because it'll lock my elbow.

I am right-handed and doing stuff with my dominant hand is now a shitshow. Even after almost 15 days, a baby is stronger and has a better range of motion. Also, it hurts like a mfer. So, you guys that just deal with the stuff with piss and vinegar and anger have my ultimate respect. I saw an NFL get his shoulder reset on one side while he took a slug out of a gatorade bottle with the other. WTF.

Anyway, at the ER, they told me to take OTC advil for pain. Apparently, stuff like Percocets and Loritabs are no longer being prescribed for this stuff due to the 'crisis'.

I took some of the leftover Percocets my wife had from the last c-section she had when I knocked her up a few years ago. Hot damn, those things are awesome. Pain reduced by like 95%. It wore off, and I am back to feeling like I got my ass kicked.

So: is the opioid crisis real? Is that stuff being outlawed really necessary? I don't know enough to know, alls I know is I wish I had more of them Percocets and I might feel normal.

Percocet and Oxi sure don't make you "feel normal". I never take the stuff. Life is meant to be felt, not comfortable.
That's a good point. "normal" is not "no pain", but not being as productive or efficient due to pain is a drawback too.

And I don't even drink beer to numb stuff, so I don't feel good taking mouthfuls of advil when half a pain pill knocks stuff flat.

When I had my knee replacement done, I was on time release morphine twice a day, and OxyContin every four hours. After the first week they switched me from OxyContin to Dilauded. I stayed effed up for two months. The withdrawals were a bitch, and real as fuck. Coming off them was not fun. So yes, it’s real. Fortunately I was able to ween myself off of them. Others are not as fortunate.

When I had my knee replacement done, I was on time release morphine twice a day, and OxyContin every four hours. After the first week they switched me from OxyContin to Dilauded. I stayed effed up for two months. The withdrawals were a bitch, and real as fuck. Coming off them was not fun. So yes, it’s real. Fortunately I was able to ween myself off of them. Others are not as fortunate.
hope you're feeling better. so many asses still need kicking whether the knee is there or not!

Around here it's not just a crisis, it's an epidemic. These opioid pain pills are just legalized heroin. When the FDA cracked down on prescribing them heroin made a big comeback. My area in Georgia is very rural. In spite of that, OD's are not uncommon at all. I'd never even seen heroin until the last couple of years.
It’s easier to GET heroin than it is opiates. At one point, I had a running Rx for Lortab 7.5’s. Had it for about 5 years. I took it only when I had to, and then only after I had tried Tylenol or Advil first. Constant knee pain, from being bone on bone, is a bitch. A 30 pill bottle might last me a year. I was very frugal about taking them. When I moved to CO and had to change doctors, she about had a stroke when she found out I had that Rx. Needless to say, she wouldn’t renew it which is why I had to have knee replacement surgery. I couldn’t manage the pain anymore.

Opioids are great for traumatic pain. 3 days max though, after that it is no longer traumatic...

I appreciate the feedback. Y'all are unvarnished and blunt which people often need to pay for.

BTW, PSUTE is an RN. He prolly has more medical knowledge in his pinky than the rest of us combined.

Long story, but I dislocated my right shoulder a few weeks ago. I have broken legs before, ankles, and fingers, but this by far is the most miserable I felt. I broke some stuff in there too, but nothing crazy. The ER gave me a sling but told me not to wear it too much because it'll lock my elbow.

I am right-handed and doing stuff with my dominant hand is now a shitshow. Even after almost 15 days, a baby is stronger and has a better range of motion. Also, it hurts like a mfer. So, you guys that just deal with the stuff with piss and vinegar and anger have my ultimate respect. I saw an NFL get his shoulder reset on one side while he took a slug out of a gatorade bottle with the other. WTF.

Anyway, at the ER, they told me to take OTC advil for pain. Apparently, stuff like Percocets and Loritabs are no longer being prescribed for this stuff due to the 'crisis'.

I took some of the leftover Percocets my wife had from the last c-section she had when I knocked her up a few years ago. Hot damn, those things are awesome. Pain reduced by like 95%. It wore off, and I am back to feeling like I got my ass kicked.

So: is the opioid crisis real? Is that stuff being outlawed really necessary? I don't know enough to know, alls I know is I wish I had more of them Percocets and I might feel normal.

The opioid crisis is absolutely real...but also...we just lost our opium supply when we left Afghanistan.

I am allergic and opioids make me puke when taken orally. Last year when I had a broken sternum, I learned that the hard way, vomiting into the hospital toilet every 10 minutes or so for about 5 hours with no painkillers, and a broken sternum.

Good to know that I will never have to worry about an opioid addiction.