It is so much quieter today

Too quiet for comfort in our parts

It has been really quiet down there in Oklahoma. I know the ND / LSU thing basically sucked in all the oxygen in the room this week.

But with that said. Any ideas of who? And I will tell you know that it is a done deal. Campbell interviewed here. But was not offered. So I really wonder if that is why Oklahoma doesn't have their guy yet, because he wanted to try for ND first. And there are reports that Swarbrick played salesmen and called some coaches to 'make them say no'. But I don't know who those were. Because they never went anywhere. But the rumor is up to a half dozen coaches were contacted and said no. Not that any of them were offered. But more of the initial 'would you be interested in interviewing'.

That isn't a slap on the school. Just that maybe Campbell as a coach preferred one over the other.

Too quiet for comfort in our parts

I was elated at first when OU fell apart with Riley and Bedlam because I just always thought Riley had a punchable face but now it's just sad and depressing. I thought you guys were gonna land Venables by Monday or Tuesday but it's now Thursday and still nothing.

Well in an irony that only ND could pull off.

We can't announce our new HC. Because the president of the school has to literally sign the paperwork. And even though we live in the 21st century, it has to actually be with a pen on paper. Not electronically and the president of the school was in Rome at the Holy See and couldn't come home.

SpotlessThoroughGoose-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

So much to cover on this topic. Its really hard to cover it all and what I have heard. Talked to an Athletic trainer friend of mine yesterday with close ties to the Football program and they confirmed alot of the stuff that supposedly went down on Sunday in really happened. He also said that there has been an out pouring of support from boosters and money will not be a problem when it comes to this hire. He said to expect the unexpected and this may be a big time plan by Joe C. I am hopefully optimistic

Disclaimer: I did not get this info from a BK

Conference Championship Weekend. Lots of targets are focused on this Saturday now.

Expect a lot of news to start pouring out Saturday afternoon into Sunday and the week after.

So much to cover on this topic. Its really hard to cover it all and what I have heard. Talked to an Athletic trainer friend of mine yesterday with close ties to the Football program and they confirmed alot of the stuff that supposedly went down on Sunday in really happened. He also said that there has been an out pouring of support from boosters and money will not be a problem when it comes to this hire. He said to expect the unexpected and this may be a big time plan by Joe C. I am hopefully optimistic

Disclaimer: I did not get this info from a BK

I am really wondering if it is going to be either Campbell or Fickell. Going this long without, makes me think Fickell because they are waiting until after the CCG to announce.

I am really wondering if it is going to be either Campbell or Fickell. Going this long without, makes me think Fickell because they are waiting until after the CCG to announce.
I dont think Campbell is a serious candidate, maybe Fickell, but I still think its gonna be something that blows our minds. Again, only Joe C knows, and my intuition sucks :LOL:

There are a few out there that would really scare me to see at Oklahoma. And I know I am in the minority. But could you imagine Bhrom with 4 and 5 star talent in the pass happy league.

They’re only going to be in a pass happy league for a few years. Can’t build for that, you got to think about having your upperclassman playing in the SEC. It’s a tough situation for OU unless they commit long term, meaning they agree to a huge buyout.