Is JRS or Sloopy over here?

Irishblooded

We used to talk Q all the time. Helped a friend of mine with his first KC competition the other week and forgot to post pictures of it. Was here in Warsaw Indiana a few weeks.

Competed in Ribs, Brisket, and Chicken. My primary was the brisket, and helped with the ribs. My buddies pride and joe is his chicken. So I didn't really touch that at all.

Ended up with a top 5 finish over all. Not bad for his first try. My brisket came in 4th, and my ribs were 8th. Pics for you guys to enjoy ;)

Brisket.jpg

Ribs.JPG

Chicken.JPG

@-----slim----- is on here but I haven't seen him post in a while. I'm not sure if sloop made it over.

Congrats on the competition. If it stops raining I'm going to christen my newly built pit with a 14 lb brisket. I've got room for about a 200 lb whole hog now, plenty of them roam my hunting lease, so I may try that when everyone comes over for Christmas.

Last edited:
I'm gonna put SPAM on my new butane camping stove. Does that count as "talking Q" OP?

I think sloopy turned homo(NTTAWT) after he got dumped by that beautiful brunette he had.

Slim was just born that way.(giggity gaga)

index.php

Yikes....can you say "beard extreme" ?

Believe sloop's wife is from my "area". I claim the Adams County, IN, Van Wert County, OH, and Mercer County, OH area since I live near where all 3 meet up. Mercer County has a lot of smoke shows, but you gotta have $ or farmland, or both to be in the running. Plus you'll have to convert to Catholic for the most part.

We used to talk Q all the time. Helped a friend of mine with his first KC competition the other week and forgot to post pictures of it. Was here in Warsaw Indiana a few weeks.

Competed in Ribs, Brisket, and Chicken. My primary was the brisket, and helped with the ribs. My buddies pride and joe is his chicken. So I didn't really touch that at all.

Ended up with a top 5 finish over all. Not bad for his first try. My brisket came in 4th, and my ribs were 8th. Pics for you guys to enjoy ;)

View attachment 4741

View attachment 4742

View attachment 4743
Give me your ribs secrets!

Believe sloop's wife is from my "area". I claim the Adams County, IN, Van Wert County, OH, and Mercer County, OH area since I live near where all 3 meet up. Mercer County has a lot of smoke shows, but you gotta have $ or farmland, or both to be in the running. Plus you'll have to convert to Catholic for the most part.
I have done competition in your area before. Did the one in Ft Wayne / Columbia City a couple of years in a row. Managed some good finishes each time but never won.

Always enjoy it though. Gives you a chance to get down and talk with other guys while you are waiting on the cook.

Give me your ribs secrets!

Really not a secret. I do spare ribs not baby backs. I don't do a full 3-2-1. I do more of a 3 - 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 - 30 minutes. I make my own rub for ribs. Has all the usual suspects in it and then a little something for oommph. And I dry rub mine and then glaze at the end for hand in.

Really not a secret. I do spare ribs not baby backs. I don't do a full 3-2-1. I do more of a 3 - 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 - 30 minutes. I make my own rub for ribs. Has all the usual suspects in it and then a little something for oommph. And I dry rub mine and then glaze at the end for hand in.

Brown Sugar and Honey have really helped mine out.