Is JRS or Sloopy over here?

Irishblooded

Mooderator
We used to talk Q all the time. Helped a friend of mine with his first KC competition the other week and forgot to post pictures of it. Was here in Warsaw Indiana a few weeks.

Competed in Ribs, Brisket, and Chicken. My primary was the brisket, and helped with the ribs. My buddies pride and joe is his chicken. So I didn't really touch that at all.

Ended up with a top 5 finish over all. Not bad for his first try. My brisket came in 4th, and my ribs were 8th. Pics for you guys to enjoy ;)

Brisket.jpg

Ribs.JPG

Chicken.JPG

RazzlDazzl

Bill Murray's love child
@-----slim----- is on here but I haven't seen him post in a while. I'm not sure if sloop made it over.

Congrats on the competition. If it stops raining I'm going to christen my newly built pit with a 14 lb brisket. I've got room for about a 200 lb whole hog now, plenty of them roam my hunting lease, so I may try that when everyone comes over for Christmas.

Last edited:

tinp

Artist Formerly Known as TiNP
I'm gonna put SPAM on my new butane camping stove. Does that count as "talking Q" OP?

I think sloopy turned homo(NTTAWT) after he got dumped by that beautiful brunette he had.

Slim was just born that way.(giggity gaga)

Basement Bias

FlyingWolver9er
Believe sloop's wife is from my "area". I claim the Adams County, IN, Van Wert County, OH, and Mercer County, OH area since I live near where all 3 meet up. Mercer County has a lot of smoke shows, but you gotta have $ or farmland, or both to be in the running. Plus you'll have to convert to Catholic for the most part.

CFBHome

Administrator
Staff member
We used to talk Q all the time. Helped a friend of mine with his first KC competition the other week and forgot to post pictures of it. Was here in Warsaw Indiana a few weeks.

Competed in Ribs, Brisket, and Chicken. My primary was the brisket, and helped with the ribs. My buddies pride and joe is his chicken. So I didn't really touch that at all.

Ended up with a top 5 finish over all. Not bad for his first try. My brisket came in 4th, and my ribs were 8th. Pics for you guys to enjoy ;)

View attachment 4741

View attachment 4742

View attachment 4743
Give me your ribs secrets!

Irishblooded

Mooderator
Believe sloop's wife is from my "area". I claim the Adams County, IN, Van Wert County, OH, and Mercer County, OH area since I live near where all 3 meet up. Mercer County has a lot of smoke shows, but you gotta have $ or farmland, or both to be in the running. Plus you'll have to convert to Catholic for the most part.
I have done competition in your area before. Did the one in Ft Wayne / Columbia City a couple of years in a row. Managed some good finishes each time but never won.

Always enjoy it though. Gives you a chance to get down and talk with other guys while you are waiting on the cook.

Irishblooded

Mooderator
Give me your ribs secrets!
Really not a secret. I do spare ribs not baby backs. I don't do a full 3-2-1. I do more of a 3 - 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 - 30 minutes. I make my own rub for ribs. Has all the usual suspects in it and then a little something for oommph. And I dry rub mine and then glaze at the end for hand in.

CFBHome

Administrator
Staff member
Really not a secret. I do spare ribs not baby backs. I don't do a full 3-2-1. I do more of a 3 - 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 - 30 minutes. I make my own rub for ribs. Has all the usual suspects in it and then a little something for oommph. And I dry rub mine and then glaze at the end for hand in.

Brown Sugar and Honey have really helped mine out.