Home brewers gitt

Anybody had some bad home made wine? The stinch of vinegar will make you puke.
I've made some real bad beers. And some meads that turned vinegary. The vinegar taste is mostly because a different micro-critter got in there. Improved sanitation usually fixes that - in next batches. Once a batch is contaminated its contaminated. But sometimes you can save those bad vines and age them into some decent vinegar. Add oxygen to it (wine you want to keep oxygen out, but if it turns bad oxygen will help the vinegar.)

Anybody had some bad home made wine? The stinch of vinegar will make you puke.
My uncle was from IL and loved "home brew" ... a nasty concoction of brewed beer and yeast/malt boiled ... and they made a batch that was shitty as can be. Dad decided not to trash it but instead "hid" it in our basement. Every one of us kids got sick as hell drinking that shit. Sad part is that we thought that we just had too much the last time and every month or so try it again.

I was hoping you would show up. Wanna donate yer stuff? Haha

I built a single tier system made out of keggles and galvanized angle. Mash Tun uses a RIMS tube wired to a PID controller and circulating pump switch I built myself. The HLT and Kettle are fired by 2 hurricane burners. I added a 2nd pump later but did not wire it to the controller. Plate chiller is mounted to the rack. Connections are 1/2 silicon hose with quick connects. This lets me move liquid in a bunch of different configurations.

Because the Mash Tun is electric and I added a 2nd pump, you can start a 2nd mash while boiling the first.

This is not it but it looks something like this. My RIMS tube and controller are mounted behind the mash tun. Have angle running a foot or so above/behind the keggles for hang things like paddles, hose, spoons, and stuff. Also have a water filter hung that runs into the HLT.

5726016123_0bbcf3e879_z.jpg

Told you I could run my mouth about brewing.

I built a single tier system made out of keggles and galvanized angle. Mash Tun uses a RIMS tube wired to a PID controller and circulating pump switch I built myself. The HLT and Kettle are fired by 2 hurricane burners. I added a 2nd pump later but did not wire it to the controller. Plate chiller is mounted to the rack. Connections are 1/2 silicon hose with quick connects. This lets me move liquid in a bunch of different configurations.

Because the Mash Tun is electric and I added a 2nd pump, you can start a 2nd mash while boiling the first.

This is not it but it looks something like this. My RIMS tube and controller are mounted behind the mash tun. Have angle running a foot or so above/behind the keggles for hang things like paddles, hose, spoons, and stuff. Also have a water filter hung that runs into the HLT.

5726016123_0bbcf3e879_z.jpg

Told you I could run my mouth about brewing.
You seduced me ... marriage or just some freaky shit for that rig?