Gog hates me!

Snoophawg

Bacon Bits
I am having a severe gout attack in my left ankle and I have a mild sprain while trying to walk on it today, so I am in some major pain. Im off for three days and I hope this heals quickly or I am screwed.

Sadly drinking especially drinking beer is a major cause of gout flares.

I’ve had it in my big toe twice. It SUCKS. Even the pressure from the weight of your bedsheet is too much so you have to stick your foot out from under the covers to sleep at night.

Fortunately, I've never experienced it. Trust me, it ain't from lack of trying.

Sadly drinking especially drinking beer is a major cause of gout flares.

I’ve had it in my big toe twice. It SUCKS. Even the pressure from the weight of your bedsheet is too much so you have to stick your foot out from under the covers to sleep at night.
I dont drink though. My dad was a bad alcoholic. I dont eat a lot of meat, either. I get it occasionally but this pain is too much.

I dont drink though. My dad was a bad alcoholic. I dont eat a lot of meat, either. I get it occasionally but this pain is too much.
That’s sucks man and I didn’t to make light of it either, have a buddy who has it and when it flares up he can barely move around. Hang in there pard!

Red meat, booze - especially beer, shellfish.....all things I LOVE and refuse to give up.

Other risk factors: being male, being middle aged or older, needing to shed a few pounds, etc. They can give you meds to lower your Ueric Acid levels if you have a persistent problem with gout flares. There is nothing they can do once one starts. It hurts like a son of a bitch for a week or two and painkillers don’t seem to do much good.

In the Middle Ages it was called “the rich man’s disease” because you had to be rich to eat like that. It became more common in the 19th century as living standards rose and more people (ie, men.......it overwhelmingly affects men) started being able to eat those things.