Georgia ain't played nobody, Pawwwlllll

It's always that one time during the season that they just don't show up for the game. Bama went undefeated last year. What did they do different to not have "that game"?
Have a better team and more focused team than previous years, plus the competition was weaker. A #5 team one year might be better than the #1 team another.

It's always that one time during the season that they just don't show up for the game. Bama went undefeated last year. What did they do different to not have "that game"?
Last years Bama team was unique. Fantastic leadership, incredible talent, lots of senior experience. The team leaders kept the underclassmen in check. It didn’t hurt that we had one of the best QB’s in the country, elite wide receivers, and arguably the best rb in the country, and one of the best offensive lines in the country . They all were singularly focused, and all those players that could have gone pro, came back for their senior season for one reason… to finish with a National Title. It also helped that overall the team was pretty healthy.

Last years Bama team was unique. Fantastic leadership, incredible talent, lots of senior experience. The team leaders kept the underclassmen in check. It didn’t hurt that we had one of the best QB’s in the country, elite wide receivers, and arguably the best rb in the country, and one of the best offensive lines in the country . They all were singularly focused, and all those players that could have gone pro, came back for their senior season for one reason… to finish with a National Title. It also helped that overall the team was pretty healthy.
giphy.gif

UGA is loaded on offense, but freshmen WRs and TEs lead the team in receptions and yardage because the top 5-6 WRs have been hurt all season. Kudos to Monken for getting the ball to the playmakers. UGA is still averaging 38.5 PPG. This may be the most talented UGA team I've ever watched. My worries continue. How do they get past that one game where they think they win just by showing up?

UGA is loaded on offense, but freshmen WRs and TEs lead the team in receptions and yardage because the top 5-6 WRs have been hurt all season. Kudos to Monken for getting the ball to the playmakers. UGA is still averaging 38.5 PPG. This may be the most talented UGA team I've ever watched. My worries continue. How do they get past that one game where they think they win just by showing up?

Given the hatred for UT (I don't see you guys having a letdown there), I think that game is setting up to be the final one of the season against Tech...... I mean, you CAN really beat Charleston Southern by just showing up.

Funny, Georgia is the only team to have beaten 4 ranked teams and Oklahoma State and Alabama are the only two teams to have beaten 3 ranked teams this season. Oklahoma, one win tied with Cinci.

Funny, Georgia is the only team to have beaten 4 ranked teams and Oklahoma State and Alabama are the only two teams to have beaten 3 ranked teams this season. Oklahoma, one win tied with Cinci.
Are you counting ranked at the time, or currently ranked right now?

Have:

-A First Round QB
-Two First Round WR’s
-A First Round RB
-A First Round OT

And another O and D Lineman go in the top 38

I guess we don't know nothing until next week after the first play off rankings are out.

Because to me the entire wild card this season is Cincy.

The reason I say this isn't being an ass to Georgia. I think they are the more complete team this season than anyone else. I don't think they are only good on one side. Though I do think their defense is better than their offense. But I also don't think the defense has really had to earn its pay yet. More than a lot of the competition that was living on preseason ranking or expectations has now been washed away. Or the offense was able to do enough to keep the opponent off the field. Which is great defense in itself as well. They are clearly the number 1 team in the country.

I can honestly see a situation where in the CCG Bama does Bama kind of things. And beats Georgia by 10+. Now you have (all speculation at this point) conference Champs and undefeated Oklahoma and Cincy and 1 loss conference Champs Ohio St and Bama. What do you do with Georgia?

So that is why I said what I did.

How do they get past that one game where they think they win just by showing up?
They need to get punched in the mouth once and come through it. IMHO a team is much better after they know how to keep playing when everything is going wrong in a game. IF a team does not have that experience it is dicey when a top four team loaded with elite talent gets out in front and there is nothing but doubt to draw on.