Does waste bother you

Bama Believer

18 and Counting! Roll Tide!!!
I have a ton of examples,, but the bottom line is,, I like to use everything I buy.. but ultimately, stuff gets thrown out..
say you cooked a big meal on wednesday night,, leftovers went to the fridge,, I ate it for lunch on Thursday and Friday,, but nobody else is helping me finish it off.. there will be some thrown out after the 1 week limit lol...
Coke cans that are half full sitting in the fridge,, never to be touched again until I empty them down the sink..
Then there is crazy shit.. I wont take the trash out till its full.. half a bag,, oh hell naw.. I'll rinse out a red solo cup and use it again,, you only need a dab of toothpaste or body wash... why does my shit last 2 months and my sons only last him a week..
Others ?

Thankfully my wife is pretty good about cooking all that we need for that meal without extras.

I get mad at waste from hunters though. There's so much of that deer and turkey that goes to waste it isn't even funny.

I have a deal with bear hunters to get the paws, head and fur so that I can use it and turn it into things from packs to a kick ass coat I'm working on.

coincidentally,
i'm in the process
of emptyin a storage room
where we kept corporate files
from my prior employer who retired -

couple dozen bankers boxes
have documents in 3-ring binders,
so i'm pullin out the pages
and takin the binders and tabs
to a local school for re-use -

hated to see em just go in the dumpster -

Thankfully my wife is pretty good about cooking all that we need for that meal without extras.

I get mad at waste from hunters though. There's so much of that deer and turkey that goes to waste it isn't even funny.

I have a deal with bear hunters to get the paws, head and fur so that I can use it and turn it into things from packs to a kick ass coat I'm working on.
Mentally picturing you wearing a "bear" coat over your pink bunny suit...

giphy.gif

DelectableLeadingCanine-size_restricted.gif

PowerfulDisastrousCat-size_restricted.gif

f5bf9c8dd76763d2561c76b496e89857.gif

well,maybe just a little...

image-asset.gif

coincidentally,
i'm in the process
of emptyin a storage room
where we kept corporate files
from my prior employer who retired -

couple dozen bankers boxes
have documents in 3-ring binders,
so i'm pullin out the pages
and takin the binders and tabs
to a local school for re-use -

hated to see em just go in the dumpster -
I had a similar project when i worked for the City of Boise. Dozens and dozens of boxes of old records. I kept the digital imaging department busy for weeks.

As far as waste... I feed my hogs leftovers. I get leftover produce and deli from Albertsons to feed them as well. Have access to get leftover bread from the local bakery. As a society we waste a LOT. Much of the produce I get is still vert edible, oftentimes just a slight blemish. But if an apple is odd shaped, sitting next to a perfect apple in the same bin - people will almost always buy the perfect apple. So I get the odd one for the hogs. I get about 20 full boxes of waste a day from a single small Albertsons (and am thankful for it).
I personally try not to waste food, but know the hogs will eat it if I do. Aside from that I am thrifty as fuck and can stretch a dollar pretty far.

As far as waste... I feed my hogs leftovers. I get leftover produce and deli from Albertsons to feed them as well. Have access to get leftover bread from the local bakery. As a society we waste a LOT. Much of the produce I get is still vert edible, oftentimes just a slight blemish. But if an apple is odd shaped, sitting next to a perfect apple in the same bin - people will almost always buy the perfect apple. So I get the odd one for the hogs. I get about 20 full boxes of waste a day from a single small Albertsons (and am thankful for it).
I personally try not to waste food, but know the hogs will eat it if I do. Aside from that I am thrifty as fuck and can stretch a dollar pretty far.

One of the first things I learned in the grocery business is that people "eat with their eyes." The better it looks, the more likely they will buy it. Particularly in the meat and produce departments.

For the OPie.....yeah, wasting food is my insanity breaking point. People that refuse to eat leftovers can starve to fucking death and I'd never even care.

One of the first things I learned in the grocery business is that people "eat with their eyes." The better it looks, the more likely they will buy it. Particularly in the meat and produce departments.

For the OPie.....yeah, wasting food is my insanity breaking point. People that refuse to eat leftovers can starve to fucking death and I'd never even care.
I knew you were an old softie

Going to a buffet seeing people throw out food that they liked and suddenly got too full to eat. There is a reason the plates are usually smaller. Get off your ass and go for another helping instead of loading up on one giant plate. Ive gotten onto my youngest about this. She will come back with a dessert plate that would feed three people and not eat half of it. Embarrassing and wasteful. Not a big buffet guy, but I do enjoy a good chinese buffet every once in a blue moon. I was in an Amish buffet restaurant once, and they had a big sign, saying "waste not, want not." Says alot.

Going to a buffet seeing people throw out food that they liked and suddenly got too full to eat. There is a reason the plates are usually smaller. Get off your ass and go for another helping instead of loading up on one giant plate. Ive gotten onto my youngest about this. She will come back with a dessert plate that would feed three people and not eat half of it. Embarrassing and wasteful. Not a big buffet guy, but I do enjoy a good chinese buffet every once in a blue moon. I was in an Amish buffet restaurant once, and they had a big sign, saying "waste not, want not." Says alot.

Was the name of it "Nod's Place"?