After yesterday do we like the new OT rules?

I actually hate the NFL style.

I do like the idea of requiring a 2 point conversion if you get a TD.

But I don't like the just going back and forth with a 2 point play.
This right here. Why did college change the ot rules to begin with?

I do like the idea of requiring a 2 point conversion if you get a TD.
I hated the way that was done. IMHO the original OT was fine IF they would change that to read that if the first team with possession in the third and later OTs converted a one point conversion that the second team must go for two. It adds a little pressure to the coin flip decision.

That isn't bad either.

The plus of requiring it on every TD is just like this last weekend. Either someone is going to miss and then that's that. Or what did happen. You literally run out of 2 point plays and just either recycle them or do HB dives.

Either of those though is still better than what we did see happen was just glorified soccer penalty kicks back and forth

That isn't bad either.

The plus of requiring it on every TD is just like this last weekend. Either someone is going to miss and then that's that. Or what did happen. You literally run out of 2 point plays and just either recycle them or do HB dives.

Either of those though is still better than what we did see happen was just glorified soccer penalty kicks back and forth
I like the idea of keeping FGs in the game for OT and the first OT with an extra point would be the last. Of course, the first team with possession can go for two but the other can kick the extra point if you are unsuccessful with the 2 point attempt.

I like the idea of keeping FGs in the game for OT and the first OT with an extra point would be the last. Of course, the first team with possession can go for two but the other can kick the extra point if you are unsuccessful with the 2 point attempt.
I think this would be the best way to do it, but no one asks my opinion

I had no problem with it. Though I would have guessed that a game going to 9OT under these rules was a result of both teams converting every time, instead of no one being able to get 2 yards.

Both teams had 60 minutes to avoid OT.

I liked the OT rules we had in place, but I won't lie, I absolutely loved that new OT. So much pressure, tension, high stakes. It was pretty badass.