I lost a child last week

I know I don't post here but a lot of y'all have been there for me in dark times and I need y'alls prayers again.

My oldest lost her life on the 4th a week from her 18th birthday. She struggled with emotional damage from her biological father for years and coped with it through defiance and drugs. She took a pill that was pressed with fentanyl and it killed her. It's being investigated as homicide due to leads that say she didn't know it was cut.
I wish I didn't know what you're going through. Its club you don't sign up for, there is only way to get in, and no way out. Be strong when you can, and fall apart when you need to. A wise person told me, "You either deal with your grief, or it will deal with you." Its so early for you now, and your poor wife, but you can get through this, if you go through it, and not around it. Best of luck going forward, and just take every day a breath and a step at time for while. There is no rule book for dealing with this shit. It will be up to you whether you end bitter or better from this. It is a choice though, it is absolutely a choice.

I lost a nephew on my watch a few years ago due to suicide. Young man age of 19 decided to come and stay with me. I woke up to a loud noise and didn't think anything of it. Got up to pee a few hours later and saw blood coming out from under his bedroom door.

I'll never get over it. We were having such a good time the day/night before. My sister hasn't talked to me since.

Knee I am so sorry to see this. Any word I can think of seems too small for a loss like this. I apologize I don't look on this side of the board often.

I can't imagine the heart break and pain. I am always here if you want someone to vent to or talk to. We are all like long distance family to one another. And I wish I had a catchy line to say or a word of wisdom. Events like these don't come with owners manuals though. I can say in my experience. That as long as someone is remembered they are never really gone. Just missed.

Paint your toenails in her memory and remember to breathe. We love ya bro.

Just to let y'all know, I flew home to Louisiana, closed on the house, moved everything and flew back to Cali. We had the funeral, she was cremated and we brought her home to Louisiana. I let my heart speak at her service and came close to letting it control me but held shy of that line.

But we're here, in a new home for a new chapter.

Just to let y'all know, I flew home to Louisiana, closed on the house, moved everything and flew back to Cali. We had the funeral, she was cremated and we brought her home to Louisiana. I let my heart speak at her service and came close to letting it control me but held shy of that line.

Well, good luck and God Bless.

Hang in there, bro. One step at a time is progress.

Wish I could say anything helpful but I have nothing. But you’re doing great.

Love you brother!

I'm unpacking and organizing my shed today, I found a small bracelet at the bottom of a box Bailey gave me when she was about 10. It was hanging on a hook with my dog tags in the old house.

Something I've not looked at since I hung it. Being Vets Day, finding the bracelet and the the dog tags bring back a lot of really good memories.

Today was a good day.

You’ve been in my thoughts lately. I can’t imagine losing a child but when my better half died unexpectedly in 2016, it was all you fuckers when we were all on soundoff, that kept me away from the ledge. People you know irl tend to distance themselves when you experience tragedy because they don’t know how to approach you. I’ve been there and I even took a several month hiatus from rivals after she died. The shit gets real months later after the shock wears off and the condolences are a distant memory. I thank my stars that I had my e-buddies when I was alone late at night with nobody else to talk to. Facebook wasn’t welcoming at all because I already knew they were uncomfortable with my situation. A lot of the posters here were there to shoot the shit and make me feel better and even laugh sometimes. You were one of them! I eventually got on a plane and met some of them. Do not downplay the power you have with message board friends. I’m not sure how I would’ve turned out otherwise. We’re here for you! Know that!! Much love and strength to you, brother. Cheers!!