Photo courtesy of Florida State athletics
Florida State’s football season has come to a close. The Seminoles didn’t finish with the record anyone wanted, but have undeniably made progress and have some positive momentum.
Fans can now turn their attention to the most exciting day of the offseason: Early Signing Day.
Stay tuned to this article for updates on Florida State football recruiting targets, commits, and all the action surrounding the period. We will be updating this article throughout the the Early Signing Period:
- 5-star CB Travis Hunter – Signed with Jackson State
- Wow. Hunter had been a ‘Nole for ages, but last minute flipped to play for Deion Sanders at Jackson State. This is a historic moment for HBCUs across the country, but a painful one for FSU fans.
- 5-star S Sam McCall – Signed with FSU
- 6’0″, 180lb S: Florida State desperately needs skill players at defensive back, and McCall fits the bill. He should fight for playing time early.
- 4-star QB A.J. Duffy – Signed with FSU
- 6’2″, 203lb QB: FSU is getting a high-level player at a position that desperately needs it. Duffy showcases excellent touch and ball placement with good read-and-react ability. For now he looks to be FSU’s future behind center.
- 4-star OL Jaylen Early – Signed with FSU
- 6’4″, 320lb OL: Early will play guard at FSU. His size makes him nearly college-ready the day he steps onto campus. This is a huge commit for a team that is rebuilding the offensive line.
- 4-star OL Qae’shon Sapp – Signed with FSU
- 6’5″, 320lb OL: Sapp has a massive frame and should develop quickly under Alex Atkins. He likely figures in as a guard.
- 3-star ATH Rodney Hill – Signed with FSU
- 6’0″, 186lb ATH: Hill is a three-sport athlete, playing basketball and track as well. He’s played at running back and defensive back and will likely be a running back or receiver for the ‘Noles.
- 3-star DT Daniel Lyons – Signed with FSU
- 6’4″, 270lb DT: Lyons is a development prospect on defensive tackle. He has the ideal frame for his position, and Odell Haggins can develop him into a beast.
- 3-star DE Aaron Hester – Signed with FSU
- 6’3″, 221lb edge rusher: Hester is the son of former FSU linebacker Ron Hester, and hopes to continue that legacy.
- 3-star OL Daughtry Richardson – Signed with FSU
- 6’4″, 285lb OL: Richardson is a three-star development prospect at tackle. Keep the bodies on trenches coming.
- 3-star ATH Brian Courtney – Signed with FSU
- 6’4″, 225lb ATH: Courtney will likely figure in as a tight end. He is a versatile athlete with good hands and presents high upside for a three-star recruit.
- 3-star TE Jerrale Powers – Signed with FSU
- 6’4″, 238lb TE: Powers is a speedy receiving tight end who competes in track and field as well as football. He is a development project but will find his way into the offense before long.
- 3-star OL Kanaya Charlton – Signed with FSU
- 6’5″, 351lb OL: Charlton is a huge offensive lineman that needs to shed some bad weight before he sees playing time. FSU is building its offensive line the right way: recruit frames and develop.
- 3-star LB Omar Graham, Jr. – Signed with FSU
- 6’1″, 205lb LB: FSU desperately needs bodies at the linebacker position. Graham is a long-term prospect that needs to put on weight, but he has lots of potential.
- 3-star DT Bishop Thomas – Signed with FSU
- 6’2″, 301lb DT: Thomas is another development prospect at defensive tackle. Odell Haggins should do his thing and develop the young recruit into a playmaker.
- 3-star WR Devaughn Mortimer – Signed with Louisville
- 4-star OL Antavious Woody – Signing in February
- Transfer OT Bless Harris (Lamar)
- 5-star OL Kiyaunta Goodwin – Signing in February
- 4-star DT Tyre West – Signed with Tennessee
- 4-star OT Julian Armella – Signing in February
- 4-star DE Dante Anderson – Signed with FSU
- 6’3″, 205lb DE: Anderson signing with the ‘Noles is a pleasant surprise. FSU needs players at end and Anderson fits the bill.
- 4-star ATH Azarayeh Thomas – Signed with FSU
- 6’1″, 177lb ATH: After decommitting from Florida, Thomas has found a new home. He will likely be a defensive back at FSU. He is a do-it-all utility player who can also field returns as well, and projects as a 4th-7th round pick in the NFL draft.
- 4-star DT Nyjalik Kelly – Signed with Miami
- 3-star WR Camden Brown – Signed with Auburn
- 5-star S Kamari Wilson – Signed with UF
- 4-star DE Marvin Jones, Jr. – Signed with Georgia
- 4-star WR Kevin Coleman
- 4-star ATH Kendrick Law
- 4-star CB Earl Little, Jr. – Signed with Alabama
- 4-star RB Javontae Barnes
- 4-star LB Daniel Martin
- JUCO S Marquise Gilbert
Transfer Portal Names To Watch
- QB Jack Miller (Ohio State)
- QB Max Johnson (LSU)
- OL Miles Frazier (Florida International)
- OL Kayden Liles (Wisconsin)
- WR Jadon Haselwood (Oklahoma)
- WR Joshua Moore (Texas)
- WR Mycah Pittman (Oregon)
- WR Theo Wease (Oklahoma)
- WR Tyrese Chambers (Florida International)
- TE Austin Stogner (Oklahoma)
- DT Marcus Bradley (Vanderbilt)
- DE Jared Verse (Albany)
- LB Aaron Brule (Mississippi State)
- CB Marcus Banks (Alabama)
- None yet