While every FSU fan realizes the struggle that is this season, there are some that have seen things going wrong since 2014. This will be the first season since 2011 where FSU will not go to a major bowl game, and may not go to a bowl game at all. The frustrating thing this season is as easy as we could be 5-1, we could easily be 0-6. Gone are the days where you would walk into Doak Campbell knowing that this game was going to be a beat down. The past three season has shown that FSU cannot take anyone for granted. So click the read more button, and scheck out this weekends Frustrating Facts.
- Since the 2015 season FSU has been involved in thirteen games that were decided by one possession. In those games FSU has a record of 7-6, and currently 2-3 this season.
2015 Wake Forest W 24-16
2015 Miami W 29-24
2015 Georgia Tech L 16-22
2016 UNC L 35-37
2016 Miami W 20-19
2016 Clemson L 34-37
2016 NCSU W 24-20
2016 Michigan W 33-32
2017 NCSU L 27-21
2017 Wake Forest W 26-19
2017 Miami L 20-24
2017 Duke W 17-10
2017 Louisville L 28-31
- In the past three seasons FSU has lost five games due to a score in the last two minutes of the game. Losses to 2016 UNC, 2016 Clemson, 2017 Miami, and 2017 Louisville were all attributed to the defense giving up a score on the opponents last possession of the game.
- FSU is 2-3 in their last five games, 6-4 in their last ten games, and 12-8 in their last 20 games.
- FSU is 7-6 in ACC play since last season.
- FSU is currently #33 in total defense for yards per game
- FSU is currently #50 in passing defense for passing yards per game
- FSU is currently #49 in rushing defense for rushing yards per game
- FSU is currently #96 in sacks for the year
- FSU is currently #108 for interceptions this year
- Since 2016 FSU is 8/15 from 40+ in Field Goals Attempted